The Expert Series: Diet and lupus
In this segment of The Expert Series, Laura Coleman, PhD, RD provides insight on Lupus & Diet: Separating Fact from Fiction. You will learn about common beliefs and whether the following statements are fact or fiction:
- Certain foods cause lupus flares.
- Fish oil cures joint inflammation.
- People with lupus should follow an anti-inflammatory diet.
- People with lupus should not exercise.
- Weight gain often seems to be a challenge for someone with lupus.
- Acai berry is good for people with lupus.
- Dietary supplements help reduce lupus flares.
- Iron causes lupus flares and should be avoided in the diet.
- People with lupus are at high risk for vitamin D deficiency.
Laura Coleman, PhD
Dr. Coleman is an expert in nutritional sciences and the relationship between diet and health. Read Bio