Lupus: The Expert Series
The Expert Series is an educational video series featuring empowering presentations from leading lupus experts with a focus on helping you live well with lupus.
Each month, lupus experts will offer invaluable insight on a variety of important topics, providing you with the knowledge you need to better manage the disease.
New segments of The Expert Series are available on the third Thursday of every month. Subscribe to receive an email when the next episode is released.
Upcoming topics include:
- Lupus and Eye Health
Most Recent Episode
Health care providers face many challenges in reaching a diagnosis of lupus. Symptoms mimic many other diseases, can be confusing, can appear and disappear, and may change. In addition, there is no single test to diagnose lupus. In the United States, it can take an average of nearly six years, from the time people with lupus first notice their symptoms to being diagnosed. An early and accurate diagnosis is important for timely treatment.
In the latest episode of the Expert Series, you will get the answers to 5 Common Questions About Diagnosing Lupus.
- Episode 1: Managing and Preventing Flares
- Episode 2: Financing Your Medical Care
- Episode 3: Tips for Managing Medication Side Effects
- Episode 4: Diet and Lupus: Separating Fact and Fiction
- Episode 5: Lupus and Brain Fog
- Episode 6: Lupus and Men
- Episode 7: Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Episode 8: Clinical Trials and Lupus
- Episode 9: Lupus 101 (en Español)
- Episode 10: Lupus 101
- Episode 11: Exercise and Lupus
- Episode 12: Lupus Lab Work and Blood Tests
- Episode 1: Skin Lupus - Beyond the Butterfly Rash
- Episode 2: Becoming a Self-Advocate
- Episode 3: Lupus and Heart Health
- Episode 4: Lupus and the Kidneys
- Episode 5a: Preparing for a Doctor's Appointment
- Episode 5b: Preparing for a Doctor's Appointment (en Español)
- Episode 6a: Childhood Lupus and Mental Health
- Episode 6b: Childhood Lupus and Mental Health (en Español)
- Episode 7: Vaccine Safety and Lupus
- Episode 8a: 5 Common Questions About Diagnosing Lupus (en Español)
- Episode 8b: 5 Common Questions About Diagnosing Lupus
- Episode 9: Planning for Pregnancy with Lupus