There are several documents that you will want to know where to find, in case of an emergency. Keep this information confidential and in a safe location that you have access to. You—or someone else that your loved one chooses—should have access to:
- Bank names and locations, account numbers and types of accounts.
- Insurance company policy names, numbers and types of insurance.
- If applicable, Social Security and Medicare numbers.
- Government or military work history, including documentation to support this.
- Advance directives, durable power of attorney and an up to date will, if available.