Lupus Awareness Month Toolkit
Lupus Awareness Month is about all of us educating others about lupus and it's affects. We've put together a few bits of information to get you started.
Lupus Awareness Month is a name to be taken literally: it's the month of May in which we all put extra effort into letting the world know about lupus. We take to our communities and to social media to let people know what lupus is, how it affects us and what we can do about it.
Below, you'll find sample posts, quick bits of information and catchy images to get help you spread the word. Let everybody know about lupus!
On average it takes a person 6 years to get diagnosed with lupus from time they first notice symptoms.
The first step to reducing time to diagnosis is raising more awareness by encouraging others to learn more about lupus.
Take this first step with us by taking the My Purple Pledge and continue spreading awareness throughout the year.
Sign into your Facebook account and then visit Profile Picture Frames. Don’t forget to click “Use as Profile Picture” to save your changes!
Telling your own story is one of the best ways to let your friends know about your connection to lupus. If you're looking for inspiration, start with one of these:
- May is Lupus Awareness Month! Join us and Go Purple to End Lupus by taking action and visiting lupus.org/LupusAwarenessMonth. Learn more about this cruel and mysterious disease and find tools and resources to join the fight against lupus.
- DYK it takes an average of 6 years for someone to receive a correct diagnosis of lupus from when they first notice symptoms? We need your help to change this! Learn more about the signs and symptoms this Lupus Awareness Month by visiting https://www.lupus.org/resources.
- Go Purple to End Lupus and get involved with Lupus Awareness Month this May! You can turn just about anything into a fundraising opportunity through Make Your Mark — our DIY fundraising program. Raise money your way to support those impacted by lupus. lupus.org/MakeYourMark
- Help advance lupus research by making a donation during Lupus Awareness Month We need your help to put an end to this cruel disease. lupus.org/LupusAwarenessMonth
- There’s no single test to diagnose lupus and only one medication developed and approved specifically for lupus. During Lupus Awareness Month learn more about this life-threatening disease and how you can help raise awareness of lupus lupus.org/LupusAwarenessMonth
- I took the My Purple Pledge during Lupus Awareness Month to raise awareness of lupus this May. Do your part to support the millions of lupus warriors around the world by getting involved in the fight against lupus. To get started visit, lupus.org/LupusAwarenessMonth
- DYK it takes 6 years to receive an accurate lupus diagnosis? Learn more about signs and symptoms this #LupusAwarenessMonth. www.lupus.org/common-symptoms #LAM19
- You can help create a future without lupus. Learn more & Go Purple to End Lupus during #LupusAwarenessMonth lupus.org/LupusAwarenessMonth #LAM19
- Fundraise your way and get involved this May! Turn your passion into a fundraiser through our Make Your Mark program & support #lupuswarriors during #LupusAwarenessMonth. #LAM19 lupus.org/makeyourmark
- Support efforts to advance lupus research by making a donation to @lupusorg during #LupusAwarenessMonth. We can’t put an end to this awful disease without your help! lupus.org/LupusAwarenessMonth #LAM19
- I took #MyPurplePledge to raise awareness of lupus this May. Do your part this #LupusAwarenessMonth by getting involved in the fight against lupus. Join us! Visit lupus.org/LupusAwarenessMonth #LAM19
- Infographic: Signs and Symptoms of Lupus
- Infographic: The Impact of Lupus in America
- Infographic: The Burden of Lupus
- Lupus Fact Sheet
- Lupus Fact Friday's
Before World Lupus Day, you can share this:
- May 10th is #WorldLupusDay. Visit WorldLupusDay.org for information and ways to involve your local community.
Sharing to your social channels on World Lupus Day? Try one of these:
- Today is #WorldLupusDay and we think of the 5 million people worldwide affected by lupus, the lupus warriors who continue to fight strong to make a difference, and those who lost their battle with this disease. We stand with you! #LupusAwarenessMonth #LAM19
- There are an estimated 1.5 million people in the U.S. living with lupus and about 5 million worldwide. No matter who you are or where you are, we support you! ♥ #LupusAwarenessMonth. #LAM19
- On May 17th, Put On Purple to show your support for the millions of people affected by lupus. It’s an easy way to raise awareness about this cruel and mysterious disease. Learn more and spread the word during #LupusAwarenessMonth by visiting Lupus.org/PutOnPurple
- Wear purple proudly on Friday, May 17th for Put on Purple Day to raise awareness for lupus! Spread the word and encourage your family and friends to do the same. Learn more by visiting Lupus.org/PutOnPurple
- Show your support for those affected by lupus by proudly sporting your purple for #Put on Purple on May 17th and donate to advance lupus research efforts. Lupus.org/PutOnPurple
- Tomorrow is #PutOnPurple day for #LupusAwarenessMonth! Go Purple to End Lupus by wearing purple. Learn more about Put on Purple day here: lupus.org/pop #POP19 #LAM19
- During #LupusAwarenessMonth, you can Go Purple to End Lupus on #PutOnPurple day May 17th to show your support those affected by #lupus. Help raise awareness and end the cruel mystery. Lupus.org/pop
- Join thousands nationwide for #PutOnPurple Day on May 17th to raise awareness for #lupus & rally support for those suffering from its impact #POP19
- #PutOnPurple on May 17th to support those affected by #lupus. Go Purple to End Lupus and Spread the word! #POP19 Lupus.org/pop
- Show your support for those affected by lupus and #PutonPurple on May 17th and donate to advance lupus research efforts. #POP19 Lupus.org/pop
For the month of May, we're raising awareness about lupus. Take a look at all the things you can do to help.See More