Lupus Awareness Month
Each May rally your family, friends and community to raise funds and awareness of the invisible physical, emotional and financial impact of lupus.
Stay tuned for more information about how we will work together to Make Lupus Visible in May 2023!
Looking for more ways to get involved throughout the year? Check out our Walk to End Lupus Now events, host a fundraiser with our Make Your Mark program, sign up to become an advocate and check out our Get Involved page for more!
Here are a few ways you can continue to raise awareness and raise funds to end lupus.
Lupus Awareness Month is all about educating others about lupus. Check out some tools to help you get started!
Show the world we can stand together even when we’re apart by hosting a virtual fundraiser for Lupus Awareness Month!
Facebook makes it easy for you to raise money for the Lupus Foundation of America and invite friends to help.
Check back in 2023 for more information on Put on Purple Day!
Check back in 2023 for more information on World Lupus Day!
Take a look back on the different invisible ways lupus can impact daily lives that we highlighted for Lupus Awareness Month in 2022.
- May 1 - 7: Symptoms and Diagnosis of Lupus
- May 8 - 14: Impact of Lupus on the Body
- Resource of the Week: How Lupus Impacts the Body
- May 15 - 21: Lupus and Quality of Life
- Resource of the Week: SELF - Strategies to Embrace Living with Lupus Fearlessly
- May 22 - 28: Lupus Research and Treatments
My Purple Pledge Form
Living with an invisible illness like lupus can be isolating, and sometimes lead to judgment from others who don’t exactly understand the daily struggles. Most symptoms of lupus aren’t always readily visible, but on the inside, it can wreak havoc on your body, organs, and even cause emotional and mental strain.
Just because people can't see the pain, doesn't mean it's not there and potentially life-threatening.
Help bring visibility to lupus, even when it can’t be seen! Thank you for taking the pledge to continue raising awareness and help us make lupus visible year-round.
Sample Social Media Posts
Telling your own story is one of the best ways to let your friends know about your connection to lupus. If you're looking for inspiration, start with one of these:
- May is Lupus Awareness Month! Join us and Make Lupus Visible by raising awareness and visiting lupus.org/LupusAwarenessMonth. Learn more about this chronic autoimmune disease and how you can help make lupus visible.
- Help put an end to this cruel disease and advance lupus research by making a donation during Lupus Awareness Month. lupus.org/LupusAwarenessMonth
- Bring Lupus Awareness Month to raise awareness of lupus. Do your part to support the millions of lupus warriors around the world by getting involved to bring an end to this cruel disease. Get started by visiting, lupus.org/LupusAwarenessMonth.
- #DYK it takes 6 years to receive an accurate #lupus diagnosis? Learn more about signs and symptoms this #LupusAwarenessMonth. https://www.lupus.org/resources/common-symptoms-of-lupus #LAM
- Together we can create a future without lupus. Learn more & Make #Lupus Visible during #LupusAwarenessMonth lupus.org/LupusAwarenessMonth #LAM
- Turn any event into a fundraiser for lupus, and use your passion to raise funds through our Make Your Mark program & support #lupuswarriors during #LupusAwarenessMonth. #LAM lupus.org/makeyourmark
Check back soon for 2023 Lupus Awareness Month shareable images.
Sign your name and pledge to raise awareness of lupus year-round.Sign Now