Your Guide to Lupus Awareness Month 2021 By the Week
Throughout Lupus Awareness Month we’ll feature a different topic each week to highlight some of the often-invisible ways that lupus impacts everyday lives of people with lupus. Every week we’ll spotlight different informative resources and content, including interviews with experts and lupus warriors to share their experiences. This will also include a featured “Resource of the Week” for each topic. We’re excited and hope you’ll follow along. Please check back on this page for updates and additions.
Week 1 (May 1-9)
Lupus and the Kidneys
- May 3 (Mon): Resource of the Week: Our new lupus nephritis information hub.
- May 4 (Tues): Watch an interview with lupus expert Dr. Brad Rovin on the future of treatments for lupus and lupus nephritis (lupus-related kidney disease).
- May 5 (Weds): Watch our special Facebook live "Diet and Nutrition for Healthy Kidneys" presented in partnership with the American Kidney Fund to provide the latest information on diet and eating well with lupus nephritis.
- May 7 (Fri): It's Fact Friday! Share a key fact (English and Spanish) about the impact of lupus and the kidneys with friends and family!
Special thanks to Aurinia Pharmaceuticals for sponsoring Kidney Week during Lupus Awareness Month.
Week 2 (May 10-16)
Lupus and Mental Health
- May 10 (Sun): It's World Lupus Day! Take a selfie or post a video to raise awareness of the impact of lupus.
- May 13 (Thurs): Resource of the Week: New infographic on how lupus impacts mental health.
- May 14 (Fri): It's Fact Friday! Share a key fact (English and Spanish) about how lupus affects your mental health.
- May 15 (Sat): Watch lupus warrior and LFA Ambassador Nicole Rios share her story about how lupus has affected her mental health, and tips for how she copes with the everyday challenges of living with lupus.
Special thanks to GSK and Us in Lupus for sponsoring Mental Health Week during Lupus Awareness Month.
Week 3 (May 17-23)
Racial and Health Disparities
- May 17 (Mon): New infographic on social determinants of health and lupus
- May 20 (Thurs): Resource of the week: The Expert Series: Could it be lupus?
- May 21 (Fri): It's Fact Friday! Share a key fact (English and Spanish) about the impact of racial and health disparities in lupus.
- May 21 (Fri): Go purple to end lupus! It's Put on Purple Day! Grab your favorite purple clothing item and post photos on social media and tell people why you are wearing purple to raise lupus awareness!
Special thanks to Exagen for sponsoring Racial and Health Disparities Week during Lupus Awareness Month.
Week 4 (May 24-31)
Financial Impact of Lupus
For the month of May, we're raising awareness about lupus. Take a look at all the things you can do to help.See More