A new online self-management program designed to help people with lupus build and enhance skills in four pillars of lupus self-management: managing symptoms, managing stress, managing medications and working with their healthcare team.
What is SELF?
Some key features of the platform for people with lupus include:
- SELF Activity Center. This activity portal provides access to resources, tools, and activities that are tailored to the user’s specific needs and can be completed at their own pace.
- Symptom Tracker. Users can track and make notes about their symptoms daily, so that they can recognize patterns.
- Medication Tracker. Users can keep track of all their medications in one place.
- Journal. Users can take notes at doctor’s appointments, jot down questions to discuss at future appointments, or simply write about their mental and physical health.
Why Join SELF?
- Tailored to You: Customized guidance based on your self-management needs today and over time.
- Feel in Control of Your Lupus: You’ll know how to recognize and reduce symptoms and flares, cope with the stress of lupus and get support.
- You’re in the Driver Seat: You decide what self-management skills to work on and when, and what tools to use.
- Convenient: SELF is a one-stop source for self-management tools, information, advice and support.
- Communicate Better: Learn how to talk about your needs with your health care team, family and friends.
- Personalized Support: Text messages provide small doses of self-care tips, inspiration, and support.
How does it work?
Note to GOAL Members
SELF is a free, customized online program with self-care tips, tools, trackers and support based on your readiness to build new skills that address your specific needs.