Providing Answers, Support and Hope in Georgia
A new online self-management program designed to help people with lupus build and enhance skills in four pillars of lupus self-management: managing symptoms, managing stress, managing medications and working with their healthcare team.
Maintaining a lupus self-management plan can be challenging, but SELF is a free tool that makes it easier.
What is SELF?
SELF is a free, customized online program for adults with lupus that focuses on building and enhancing lupus self-management skills in four key areas: managing symptoms, managing stress, managing medications, and working with your healthcare team. SELF offers easy to use tools, trackers, self-care tips, information, support and reminders to help people with lupus monitor their health and feel more in control of their lupus.
Some key features of the platform for people with lupus include:
- SELF Activity Center. This activity portal provides access to resources, tools, and activities that are tailored to the user’s specific needs and can be completed at their own pace.
- Symptom Tracker. Users can track and make notes about their symptoms daily, so that they can recognize patterns.
- Medication Tracker. Users can keep track of all their medications in one place.
- Journal. Users can take notes at doctor’s appointments, jot down questions to discuss at future appointments, or simply write about their mental and physical health.
Why Join SELF?
- Tailored to You: Customized guidance based on your self-management needs today and over time.
- Feel in Control of Your Lupus: You’ll know how to recognize and reduce symptoms and flares, cope with the stress of lupus and get support.
- You’re in the Driver Seat: You decide what self-management skills to work on and when, and what tools to use.
- Convenient: SELF is a one-stop source for self-management tools, information, advice and support.
- Communicate Better: Learn how to talk about your needs with your health care team, family and friends.
- Personalized Support: Text messages provide small doses of self-care tips, inspiration, and support.
How does it work?
SELF is accessible across all devices (smartphone, computer and tablet) and uses the science of behavior change to help people with lupus build and enhance the skills they need to reduce the impact of lupus on daily life. In the SELF program, users are asked a series of questions about their experiences with lupus. Then, SELF immediately tailors the program to their needs and readiness to build self-management skills.
Note to GOAL Members
If you are a member of Georgians Organized Against Lupus (GOAL) through Emory University you may be able to help us evaluate SELF as part of a research project. To learn more, don’t hesitate to get in touch with the GOAL-SELF Team at email@example.com or by telephone at (404) 251-8824.
SELF is a free, customized online program with self-care tips, tools, trackers and support based on your readiness to build new skills that address your specific needs.