Georgia Lupus Walks | Georgia
The Walk to End Lupus Now provides people affected by lupus and their families with the opportunity to come together for one unified purpose: ending lupus. Join the Lupus Foundation of America, Georgia Chapter in raising money for lupus research, increasing awareness, and rallying support for over 55,000 individuals living with lupus in Georgia.
Register for our Virtual Walk to End Lupus Now Today!
Georgia Lupus Walks
Join us again from coast to coast for our incredible virtual Walk to End Lupus Now experience taking place on October 16, 2021. More information will be made available soon!
Our virtual walk experience will once again keep us together safely while we are apart due to the coronavirus.
- FUNDRAISE. We provide you with all the tools you need to fundraise for lupus research, support and education services all while earning awesome incentives along the way.
- SPREAD THE WORD. Invite friends, family and coworkers to join your team and fundraise.
- WALK & PARTICIPATE. Join us on October 16 as we unite as one lupus community for a great virtual event.
Stay tuned for more updates and please continue to visit LupusGA.org to access resources and other important information involving COVID-19 and lupus.
Check out the prizes YOU can earn by fundraising for the Walk to End Lupus Now! All proceeds help Georgians living with this disease.Take a Look
What is the Walk to End Lupus Now?
Lupus Foundation of America’s Walk to End Lupus Now is America’s largest lupus walk program with thousands of walkers in nearly 60 cities across the nation to raise money for lupus research, increase awareness of lupus, and rally public support for the estimated 1.5 million Americans who suffer from its brutal impact.
Do I Need to Register for the Walk?
Yes, all Walkers should register to participate in the event. If you have Walkers joining you day of the event, they can register on site.
Is There a Registration Fee?
No, but we consider EVERY Walker as a fundraiser, so we encourage every Walker to raise at least $100 to support the Foundation’s mission. NOTE: There is a cost to the LFA for every person who attends the walk. The Foundation actually loses money when someone participates that does not raise money.
How Do I Get a T-Shirt?
All individual Walkers who raise $100 (in their own name) or more will be mailed a t-shirt.
How Do I Pickup Other Fundraising Incentive Prizes?
Approximately 4 weeks post fundraising deadline, certificates for all incentives will be emailed from WalkToEndLupusNow@lupus.org (please add to your address book to ensure you receive it). Once you select your incentive item, it will be shipped to you. The Lupus Foundation of America reserves the right to substitute an incentive item of equal or greater value.
How Long Do I Have to Collect and Turn in Donations to Get Incentives?
We have extended the fundraising timeline and are now allowing donations made up to 4 weeks after the Walk to qualify for one of our prizes. Incentive items are not cumulative. Fundraisers may select one item at or below the level achieved. Matching gifts are included in fundraising totals if the fundraiser provides the appropriate matching gift form when turning in the eligible donation.
Why Should I Raise Money?
By raising funds for Walk to End Lupus Now, you are helping us fulfill our vision of a world free of lupus through lupus research, education, support and advocacy programs to help improve the lives of all people impacted by lupus.
Where Does the Money Go?
Funds raised from this year’s Walk will help:
- Lead special research initiatives, fund innovative studies, and advocate for increased public and private investment in lupus research to advance the science and medicine of lupus;
- Translate research findings into useful programs, information, and tools for people with lupus, and ensure health professionals know about new means to diagnose and manage the disease;
- Conduct outreach efforts to increase public understanding of lupus, and share stories of those who suffer from the disease to rally public support to join the fight to end lupus; and,
- Provide caring support to people with lupus, their families and their caregivers, and help guide them through the complexities of living with lupus.
What Should I Do With Checks and Cash Donations?
You can mail your check donations to:
Lupus Foundation of America, Georgia Chapter
1850 Lake Park Drive, Suite 101
Smyrna, GA 30080
Be sure to write your walker name and team name on each check. Allow 1 week for processing.
You can also bring your contributions with you on your curbside pickup day. Double or triple your fundraising with Matching Gift Programs offered by your and your donors’ employers! Ask your Human Resources department about matching gifts.