Go Virtual to End Lupus
Get creative with our Make Your Mark™ program by hosting a virtual fundraiser for Lupus Awareness Month in May or any time of year.
Go Virtual to End Lupus with our Make Your Mark™ program and host a virtual fundraiser anywhere, anytime including Lupus Awareness Month!
With a virtual fundraiser, you can invite friends and family to support the fight against lupus no matter where they live. Hosting a virtual fundraiser is easy and fun. Once you register your event, you'll receive a page that you can personalize with photos and information about why you are fundraising for lupus. Then, we’ll send you everything you need to make your virtual event a success!
Virtual fundraiser ideas
Need some inspiration for your virtual event? Here are some ideas to get you started that can be easily hosted via a video conference platform or app:
Host a Game Night
A Game night is one of the easiest ways to bring people together to laugh, play and raise money to help end lupus. Pictionary, Trivia, Bingo, online board games – there are several options to connect and play virtually.
Host a Virtual Purple Happy Hour
Get your friends, family or coworkers together for a virtual Happy Hour! Create a Purple Drink/ Snack Recipe and share it with the group. Host a contest during the happy hour and even a raffle!
Host a Fitness Class or Dance Party
Get moving and motivated without leaving your home. Host a donation based fitness class like yoga, Zumba, a dance party or other fitness challenge.
Bake, Sing, and Get Creative
Are you a cook or musician? Livestream a cooking class or concert and use the time to not only play music and share recipes, but share the story of lupus and what the money raised will do. Are you more of an artist? Sell your items on Etsy and donate a portion of the proceeds to the fight against lupus.
Game On! to End Lupus™ - Lupus Foundation of America's Annual Charity Stream
Livestream your favorite video games or music, just chat - get creative any way you would like - while having your viewers and supporters help raise funds for lupus. Join streamers from around the world, May 6-8, 2022, and use your platform to help end lupus. Learn more about livestreaming.
Have more questions? Send an email to Stacey Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how we can help you get started.
Sample Social Media Posts
Help us raise lupus awareness during your Make Your Mark campaign by sharing your story and promoting your event on social media. Here is some inspiration to get you started.
Don't forget to personalize your posts by including your fundraising link, information about your event, and encouraging donations to help end lupus!
Facebook / Instagram
- I am excited to announce that I will be hosting a (include name/ type of event) on (date) for @Lupus Foundation of America to help end lupus! (Add 1-2 lines about your connection to lupus, details on your event and how to register) [Include link to Make Your Mark personal fundraising page].
- May is Lupus Awareness Month! Join me as I Make My Mark on lupus through my (include event name) on (include event date). Attend, donate, and help put an end to this cruel and mysterious disease that affects/ affected (include connection) by raising money to advance lupus research (include Make Your Mark link).
- Lupus is a chronic autoimmune disease where your immune system attacks healthy tissue and organs, instead of just fighting off germs it's supposed to. This can cause pain, inflammation, and tissue damage to any organ in the body. An estimated 1.5 million Americans have lupus. That's why I am hosting (include name/ type of event) on (date) to help end lupus in honor of (add connection) [Include link to your Make Your Mark personal fundraising page].
- DYK it takes an average of 6 years for someone to receive a correct diagnosis of lupus from when they first notice symptoms? Join me on (date) for (include name of event) to help raise money for research to reduce the time to diagnosis, find better treatments and a cure for a cause that is important to me. [Include link to your Make Your Mark fundraising page].
- There is still time to join us for the (include name of event) on (date) in honor of (include connection) and to help raise money and awareness for @Lupus Foundation of America. Join us and donate today! [Include link for registration and/ or your Make Your Mark fundraising page].
- What an incredible event! We raised (include amount raised) for @Lupus Foundation of America in honor of (include connection) and the 1.5 million Americans who suffer for lupus. Thank you to those who took part in the event and donated. It's not too late to donate - just visit our fundraising page! [Include link to your Make Your Mark fundraising page].
- I am excited to announce that I will be hosting a (name/type of event) on (date) for @lupusorg to help end #lupus! (Add 1-2 lines about your connection to lupus, details on your event and how to register) [Include link to Make Your Mark personal fundraising page].
- Support my efforts to advance #lupus research by joining/ participating in the (name of event) on (date) and helping me reach my goal for @lupusorg. We need your help to put an end to this awful disease! [Include link to Make Your Mark personal fundraising page]
- Did you know that #lupus impacts approximately 1.5 million Americans and has no cure? That's why I am hosting a (name of event) on (date) for @lupusorg in honor of (add connection). Join us for the event and help me reach my goal! [Include link to your Make Your Mark personal fundraising page]
- #DYK that #lupus can affect your skin, joints and organs? These symptoms cause debilitating pain and can even be life-threatening. Learn more about lupus & join us for (include name of event) on (include date of event) as I raise money for @lupsuorg! [Include link to your Make Your Mark personal fundraising page].
- What an incredible event! We raised (include amount raised) for @lupusorg in honor of (connection) and the 1.5 million Americans who suffer from #lupus. Thank you to those who took part in the event and donate. [Include link to your Make Your Mark fundraising page].
- Infographic: Signs and Symptoms of Lupus
- Infographic: The Impact of Lupus in America
- Infographic: The Burden of Lupus
Cover Photos/ Frames
LFA Services and Resources
Interested in putting one of these virtual fundraising ideas into action?Register Now