You are not alone. Connect in person or online with others affected by lupus.
Benefits of Support Groups
The common experience among members of a support group often means they have similar feelings, worries, everyday problems, treatment decisions or treatment side effects. Participating in a group provides you with an opportunity to be with people who are likely to have a common purpose and likely to understand one another.
Benefits of participating in a support group may include:
- Feeling less lonely, isolated or judged
- Reducing distress, depression, anxiety or fatigue
- Talking openly and honestly about your feelings
- Improving skills to cope with challenges
- Staying motivated to manage chronic conditions or stick to treatment plans
- Gaining a sense of empowerment, control or hope
- Improving understanding of a disease and your own experience with it
- Getting practical feedback about treatment options
- Learning about health, economic or social resources
Heartland Online Support Groups
Our in-person support groups have moved online until further notice. You can call in or join us via computer or smartphone!
To control who has access, we will only provide the information if you call or email mail us a request (email is the best way to reach us right now). Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for the information to be emailed to you. Or leave us a message at 314-644-2222 (ext. 100) and we will call you back. Please remember we are working remotely so we will reply as quickly as possible.
Or text LUPUSSUPPORT to 474747 for call in details.
Second Thursday of each month
from 6:30 -8:00 p.m.