December 17, 2018
NFL Stars Wear Custom Cleats for Lupus Awareness
During the month of December, several NFL stars are showcasing their support for the Lupus Foundation of America as part of the NFL’s My Cause, My Cleats campaign, now in its third year. The campaign gives players from across the league the opportunity to design special cleats for causes they are passionate about supporting.
This year, the following NFL players are raising lupus awareness and giving back with their cleats:
- Khalil Mack,Chicago Bears outside linebacker and 2016 NFL Defensive Player of the Year, is honoring his Aunt who passed away from lupus.
- Da’Norris Searcy,Carolina Panthers safety, is honoring his wife who is living with lupus.
- Reggie Gilbert,Green Bay Packers outside linebacker, is honoring his aunt who is living with lupus.
- Quenton Meeks,Jacksonville Jaguars cornerback, is honoring his mother who is living with lupus.
- Antonio Gates,Los Angeles Chargers tight end and eight-time Pro Bowler, is honoring his sister Pam who passed away from lupus four years ago.
- Austin Howard,Washington Redskins offensive lineman, is honoring his mother and siblings living with lupus.
This is the third consecutive year for Mack and second for Gates that the two NFL stars are participating in the My Cause, My Cleats campaign while supporting the Lupus Foundation of America.