December 10, 2019
NFL Stars Take Lupus Awareness to the Football Field
Throughout the month of December, many NFL stars are participating in the NFL’s My Cause My Cleats campaign and will be showing their support for the Lupus Foundation of America. The program, now in its fourth year, gives players from across the league the opportunity to raise awareness for causes they are passionate about through specially designed cleats.
This year, the following NFL players are raising lupus awareness and giving back with their cleats:
- Anthony Levine, Baltimore Ravens linebacker and safety, is honoring his sister who is living with lupus.
- Khalil Mack, Pro Bowl outside linebacker for the Chicago Bears is honoring his Aunt who passed away from lupus. This is the fourth consecutive year that Mack has participated in My Cause My Cleats while supporting the Lupus Foundation of America.
- Billy Winn, Denver Broncos defensive end is honoring his wife who is living with lupus. His cleats are currently available for auction, here.
- Darius Leonard, Indianapolis Colts linebacker, and First-Team All Pro and Defensive Rookie of the Year in 2018, is honoring his sister who is living with lupus.
- Rigoberto Sanchez, Indianapolis Colts punter selected Lupus Foundation of America after connecting with a fan who reached out to him on social media sharing that he has lupus.
- Trent Scott, LA Chargers offensive tackle who is honoring his stepmother who lives with lupus.
- Chandler Cox, Miami Dolphins fullback, who is raising lupus awareness.
- Kareem Martin, New York Giants outside linebacker, who is raising lupus awareness.
- Trey Edmunds, Pittsburgh Steelers running back, is honoring several family members and friends who have been affected by lupus.
- Daren Bates, Tennessee Titans linebacker, who is raising lupus awareness.