Third Party Events: Frequently Asked Questions
Thank you for your interest in supporting the mission of the Lupus Foundation of America, Mid-South Chapter. Your efforts will allow us to continue our mission to improve the quality of life for all people affected by lupus through programs of research, education, support and advocacy.
1. WHAT IS AN LFAM THIRD PARTY EVENT?
Third party events gives you a chance to get involved in supporting the fight against lupus. If you have a love for cooking, biking, performing or even just getting together with friends for a good time, you can turn that passion into a wonderful way to raise money for a great cause.
In order to publicize your event as an official Mid-South Chapter third party event, it must meet the following criteria:
- Anticipate a net donation of $1,000 or more to the Mid-South Chapter
- Obtain and present proof of comprehensive general liability insurance
- Require participants to sign a waiver if there is a physical activity element (like a run or walk)
- Complete the third party event form and receive written approval from LFAM
2. WILL THE LFAM STAFF BE ABLE TO HELP ME ORGANIZE MY EVENT?
If you submit a third party event form, you commit to organizing, implementing and managing your own event. We are here to provide tips and guidance on the planning process.
3. CAN LFAM ASSIST IN COVERING ANY COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH MY EVENT?
LFAM does not pay any costs associated with third party events or provide reimbursements. To keep your expenses down, consider asking local businesses for in-kind donations in exchange for advertising on your fliers, brochures, letters, t-shirts and other event materials. Because in-kind donations to your event do not directly benefit LFAM, we cannot provide tax receipts for these contributions.
4. WILL A LUPUS FOUNDATION OF AMERICA REPRESENTATIVE ATTEND THE EVENT?
LFAM staff and board members love being at third party events and try our best to attend when schedule and budget permits travel. If you request our presence and let us know details of the event at least six weeks in advance, we will do our best to get a representative to attend, though we can never make any promises. We canprovide a letter of acknowledgement that can be read at your event.
5. CAN THE LUPUS FOUNDATION OF AMERICA PROVIDE MATERIALS SUCH AS BROCHURES, DONATION FORMS AND SIGNAGE FOR MY EVENT?
LFAM can provide you with some educational materials to distribute at your event. We can also provide you with mockups for materials for you to print on your own. You can also purchase additional giveaways such as bracelets or buttons from LFAM at cost.
6. CAN I USE THE LUPUS FOUNDATION OF AMERICA LOGO IN ANY PROMOTION FOR MY EVENT?
Once your third party event is approved by LFAM, we will provide you with our logo and usage guidelines for you to use for event promotion.
7. CAN I PROVIDE RECEIPTS OR AN ACKNOWLEDGMENT LETTER FROM THE LUPUS FOUNDATION OF AMERICA?
Only those donations made on-line or sent directly to the Lupus Foundation of America will be receipted/acknowledged individually. We can provide one acknowledgment for the event organizer, but IRS regulations do not allow receipts to be given by anyone but LFAM staff.
8. CAN I USE THE LUPUS FOUNDATION OF AMERICA’S TAX-EXEMPT STATUS WHEN PURCHASING MATERIALS?
Tax exempt status may be used only for direct purchases made by LFAM
9. HOW SOON AFTER THE EVENT MUST I SUBMIT THE OFF-LINE FUNDS THAT HAVE BEEN RAISED?
Within 30 days of the event, send the check(s) and donation information to:
Lupus Foundation of America, Mid-South Chapter
4004 Hillsboro Pike, Suite 216-B
Nashville, TN 37215
Do you have additional questions? If so, give us a call at (877) 865-8787 or email email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in supporting the mission of the Lupus Foundation of America, Mid-South Chapter.