I heard somewhere that there is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer and I believe this to be true! Volunteering is not just something someone does to be nice; it is a necessity for charitable organizations such as the LFA, WI Chapter to continue our mission. We simply would not exist without individuals who are gracious and giving enough to donate their time and talent.
I work every day to do what I can with limited resources to help support lupus patients, their family, friends, and caregivers. Please read below the ways YOU can make a difference.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart,
Dawn Thomas-Semanko, Executive Director LFAWI
Learn More about Making a Difference
Whether it's putting together a team in the Walk to End Lupus Now event or sending an email to someone who can't get out of bed, there are multiple ways you can get involved in the LFA’s mission. Many volunteers with the LFA, WI Chapter support the programs listed below. Each program supports one of our top priorities and provides valuable services to people who need our help. Want to do a lot of good with a little of your time? Look at our efforts below, and find one that's just right for you.
Community Programs, Services, and Events: callus for a volunteer application today! (414) 443-6400
- Walk to End Lupus Now - Volunteer to help with the mailings, distribute walk brochures, put together team captain packets, set-up and clean-up for the fundraiser on May 12, 2018, in Milwaukee or September 22, 2018, in Madison
- Tee Up Fore Lupus - Volunteer help is needed on July 28, 2018 in Waterford
- Join a local LFA Chapter -- By joining LFA Wisconsin Chapter, you help to support programs that help people with lupus living in your community. Become a support group member, participate in an education program, or get involved in a fund-raising activity. We need your help and active participation.
Education and Awareness
- Conduct a Health Fair -- If your company, school, place of worship, or community center conducts a health fair, the LFA Wisconsin Chapter will provide brochures about lupus, posters, fact sheets, and bookmarks that provide information on lupus. These items are available for purchase through the LFA store. If you would like to volunteer to represent the LFA Wisconsin Chapter at one of these health fairs contact our office at 414-443-6400 or online at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Work at a Health Fair -- Staffing a table at a health fair, set-up, and speak with those interested or are affected by lupus
Speak at a Support Group meeting -- If you would like to be a speaker at one of our monthly Support Group meetings please contact our office at 414-443-6400 or online at email@example.com.
- Provide assistance in our office by offering to help with errands, mailings, data entry, or other administrative duties.
Raise Money and Awareness
- Organize a Fundraising Activity -- Your club, company, or civic association can designate the Lupus Foundation of America Wisconsin Chapter to receive proceeds from its fund-raising activities. Please contact us at 414-443-6400 to coordinate your efforts. We have helpful hints and tricks to make it easy.
- Become a Fundraiser -- If you don't want to organize a public event, you can host your own fund-raising activity on the Web and raise funds online. It's easier than you think! LFA Wisconsin Chapter is a member at Firstgiving.com You will be able to set up your own web page. Appeal to others in your own words and post photos of yourself. Then invite your family and friends to support your activity by sending messages through our Fund-raising page with a link to your personal webpage. You will be helping the LFA, Wisconsin Chapter raise funds for research, education, advocacy and support programs.
- Sell Butterflies -- We have paper butterflies available in which individuals write their name on to show their support! Available for businesses, schools, clubs, churches.... anywhere you think family and friends would donate!
- Make a Personal Donation to the Lupus Foundation of America, Wisconsin Chapter -- But what if you don't want to organize a fund-raising activity? It's ok because you can still help to advance and strengthen urgently needed lupus programs by making a tax-deductible donation. You may choose to make a personal, memorial, honorary, or special occasion donation, either online using our secure server, or offline by mail, phone or fax. Donate now.