Walks | Philadelphia Tri-State
Walk to End Lupus Now events provide people affected by lupus and their families with the opportunity to come together for one unified purpose: ending lupus. Join the Lupus Foundation of America, Philadelphia Tri-State Chapter for our spring walk series as we raise money for research, increase awareness, and rally support for over 40,000 individuals living with lupus in the Tri-State area.
Sunday, May 5th at City Island in Harrisburg, PA
Sunday, May 19th at 6th Street & Boardwalk in Ocean City, NJ
Sunday, June 23rd at Dravo Plaza at the Riverfront Wilmington in Delaware
We invite you to join us to increase awareness of lupus and raise funds for research by making a contribution to the Tri-State Chapter. Executing the Walk requires ample support from generous sponsors who provide us with financial backing, expertise, and generous products and services for the event.
Check out the Walk sponsorship package below. If you want to explore other options or different packages, please call our office at 215-517-5070.
We want to hear your story! How does lupus affect your life? Why are you walking this year? Who are you walking for? If you'd like to share, email Maggie at [email protected] with your story in your own words so we can feature it on social media and the walk site.
Registration is easy and free. You have three options...
Online Registration (Closes the Tuesday before each Walk at 11: 59 PM!)
- Click 'Register Now' on the walk page
- Choose your participant type- Adult, Child, or Virtual Participant
- Choose whether you are an individual participant, joining a team, or creating a team as a team captain
- Answer the registration questions
- Read and accept the waiver
- Enter your contact details
- Make any changes or select 'Confirm Registration'
- Register another participant or continue on to customizing your fundraising page
Register by Mail
- Download and print a registration form from the participant materials section. Contact the Chapter Office at 866-517-5070 or [email protected] to receive a form in the mail or by fax.
- Registration forms can be mailed separately or with any donations to the Chapter Office at 101 Greenwood Avenue, Suite 200, Jenkintown, PA 19046.
If you miss online registration, you can register at the Onsite Registration Tent on walk day!
- Team Participation Award: Presented to the team with the most members in each category: Family & Friends, Community/Civic, and Corporate.
- Trailblazers: This is our signature group of top fundraisers! We will recognize any team, team member, or individual reaching a milestone fundraising level:
- Trailblazer Award: $1,000
- Silver Honors: $2,500
- Gold Honors: $5,000
- Platinum Honors: $10,000+
You are eligible for the Trailblazer Award up until 30 days post-Walk.
- Raise $25 or more to earn an LFA item- to be announced!
- Event T-Shirts: Raise $100 or more to earn this year's Walk to End Lupus Now official event T-shirt! Based on your team's totals, you can earn T-shirts at every $100 increment (for example, if your team raises $600 and has 6 team members, you will receive 6 T-shirts. If $600 raised and 3 team members, 3 T-shirts. If $600 raised and 12 team members, 6 shirts.)
- Course Marker Signs: Raise $250 and receive a standard acknowledgment sign to personalize in honor or in memory of a loved one on the walk route! Raise $1,000 total and you can add images and logos to the sign.
- T-Shirt Shoutout: Raise $500 and your team name will be printed on the back of this year's T-shirt!
YES! We will happily apply any totals that a corporate sponsor donates to the Walk to your team.
We want to help you succeed, so don't hesitate to reach out for assistance. Email [email protected] for a customized letter of support for your ask.
Ideas for team fundraisers include dress down days at work, skate parties, bowling nights, designer bag bingo, fundraising nights at a local restaurant, yard sales, and cooking demonstrations. Feel free to contact us to brainstorm options.
Am I allowed to run instead of walk?
No, all participants must walk.
How long is the Walk?
There will be two route options: a 2K and a 4K.
Are dogs allowed?
Dogs are welcome at the Central PA and Delaware walks. Dogs are not allowed at the South Jersey walk due to city restrictions. If you bring a dog, you are not permitted to take part in the walk on the Boardwalk.
Can I walk if I don’t form a team?
History shows us you will have more fun and raise more money if you come as part of a team, but it is perfectly fine to walk solo!
How does the LFA use the contributions?
Funds raised by the Walk to End Lupus Now are used to support research, education, and support services for those affected by lupus in the Tri-State area.
I cannot walk, but would like to fundraise. Can I do that?
Yes! When registration opens, register as a Virtual Participant and use the fundraising page that is automatically created during registration to collect donations from your friends, family, co-workers, etc.
Is there a registration fee?
There is no registration fee, but each individual walker must collect $100 or more in donations by Walk day to receive a Walk to End Lupus Now T-shirt. If you collect $250 or more you will receive a Course Marker Sign (for every increment of $250 raised).
The 28th Annual Lupus Loop 5K and 2.5 Mile Walk to End Lupus Now will take place on Sunday, October 27th, 2019 at Memorial Hall Loop in West Fairmount Park, Philadelphia. This incredible day joins over 3,000 lupus warriors for the oldest lupus walk in the country! Registration opens in late spring, so stay tuned for updates. Questions? Don't hesitate to email [email protected]Learn more!