Walks | Philadelphia Tri-State
The Walk to End Lupus Now events provide people affected by lupus and their families with the opportunity to come together for one unified purpose: ending lupus. Join the Lupus Foundation of America, Philadelphia Tri-State Chapter for our 2019 walks as we raise money for research, increase awareness, and rally support for over 40,000 individuals living with lupus in the Tri-State area.
Thanks to all who joined us on June 23rd in Wilmington!
Thanks to all who joined us on May 19th in Ocean City!
Thanks to all who joined us on May 5th in Harrisburg!
We invite you to join us to increase awareness of lupus and raise funds for research by making a contribution to the Tri-State Chapter. Executing the Walk requires ample support from generous sponsors who provide us with financial backing, expertise, and generous products and services for the event.
Check out the sponsorship package below. If you want to explore other options or different packages, please call our office at 215-517-5070.
Check out upcoming team fundraisers that support Walk teams, or host one of your own!Upcoming Fundraisers
We want to hear your story! How does lupus affect your life? Why are you walking this year? Who are you walking for? If you'd like to share, email Maggie at [email protected] with your story in your own words so we can feature it on social media and the walk site.
Online Registration Closes Thursday, October 24 at 11:59 PM
Get started! You have three options for registering:
- Form a Team: Click 'Form a Team' on the registration page below the large image. Enter your desired team name, your fundraising goal, and your division (corporate, community/civic, or friends & family).
- Join a Team: Click 'Join a Team' on the registration page below the large image. Type in the team name to search. Once you find your team, click the green JOIN button in the bottom right corner.
- Register as an Individual: If you do not wish to form or join a team, click 'Register as an individual participant' on the registration page below the large image.
- Select options: Select your participant type and your personal fund-raising goal. Even if you are part of a team with its own goal, every participant has a personal fundraising goal.
- Create your account: This is necessary for ALL participants, regardless of previous Lupus Loop participation, as this is our new event website. You will create a new login username and password in a following step.
- Provide details: Enter a username, password, and select your display name & search options. Select [Use My First Name and Last Name] if you are a team captain and/or would like your donors to be able to search for you and donate to your fundraising goal. You also have the option of using a screen name, but your donors MUST know your specific screen name in order to donate to your fundraising goal.
- Agree to terms: Click in the small box underneath the event waiver window to agree with the terms and conditions. A printable version is also available by clicking on [Printable Version] in the upper right corner.
- Review: Make sure all the info you submitted is correct. If you are a team captain and/or registering multiple people at once, here is where you will do so by clicking on [REGISTER FAMILY MEMBER] in the bottom right corner. If you are finished with your registration, click on [COMPLETE REGISTRATION].
- Make payment: If you choose to pay your registration fee or donate now, enter your payment information.
Once you have completed the registration process, you will see a summary of your transaction & registration. This will also be emailed to you, and you have the link to your personal Participant Center for the event.
In the Participant Center, you will have the ability to add email contacts to later send updates and fundraising messages. You can also view your progress, write your personal message (and team message if you are a captain), team roster, and enter offline gifts from your donors.
If you miss online registration, you can register at the Onsite Registration Tent on walk day starting at 7 am.
- Team Participation Award: Presented to the team with the most members in each category: Family & Friends, Community/Civic, and Corporate.
- Trailblazers: This is our signature group of top fundraisers! We will recognize any team, team member, or individual reaching a milestone fundraising level:
- Trailblazer Award: $1,000
- Silver Honors: $2,500
- Gold Honors: $5,000
- Platinum Honors: $10,000+
You are eligible for the Trailblazer Award up until 30 days post-Walk.
- LFA Cooling Towel: Earned for raising $25 at spring walks and $100 at the Lupus Loop. Based on individual totals.
- Event T-Shirts: Earned for raising $100 or more at spring walks and $25 at the Lupus Loop. Based on individual totals.
- Course Marker Signs: Raise $250 (spring walks) or $300 (Lupus Loop) to receive a standard acknowledgment sign to personalize in honor or in memory of a loved one on the walk route! Raise $1,000 total and you can add images and logos to the sign.
- T-Shirt Shoutout: Raise $500 and your team name will be printed on the back of this year's T-shirt!
Please be mindful of the following deadlines:
- T-Shirt Shoutout (must raise $500): September 23
- Course Marker Sign (must raise $300): October 11
- Online Registration: October 24
- Trailblazer Award (must raise $1,000): November 27
And remember, team week is September 9-15...so save some recruiting and fundraising until then for a chance at great prizes!
YES! We will happily apply any totals that a corporate sponsor donates to the Walk to your team.
We want to help you succeed, so don't hesitate to reach out for assistance. Email [email protected] for a customized letter of support for your ask.
Thank you for your interest! As a handful of volunteers are needed to make each Walk run smoothly, we ask that you fill out this volunteer form to confirm your interest. You MUST fill this out if you plan to volunteer- no exceptions!
Ideas for team fundraisers include dress down days at work, skate parties, bowling nights, designer bag bingo, fundraising nights at a local restaurant, yard sales, and cooking demonstrations. Feel free to contact us to brainstorm options.
Is there a registration fee?
Yes, there is a $25 registration fee. On Loop Day, the registration fee will be $30. For children ages 10 and under, there is a flat fee of $10. Individuals or team members who plan to raise $100 or more may choose the Fundraising Goal option during the registration process to waive their registration fee.
Can I register additional team members?
Team captains can do this BUT only at the time of registration. Team members can register themselves to a team at any time. If you have any trouble, or would like for us to register your team members for you, email us at [email protected] with their name, email, and phone number.
Is the event family-friendly?
All ages are welcome at the Loop. Just be sure to register all children (including those in strollers) so that we know how many people to expect!
Can I bring my dog(s)?
Only you know if the Loop is right for your pet. Typically, friendly dogs (on a leash) who are comfortable with large crowds and potentially loud noises do well at the Loop.
What if it rains?
The Lupus Loop takes place in rain or shine (and even snow)! Be sure to collect any donations from who might not be able to attend if inclement weather is forecast. In the event of extreme circumstances, the LFA reserves the right to cancel the event; all pre-registered participants would be notified via email.
Am I allowed to run instead of walk? What if I don’t have a team?
Yes, you can register as a walker or a runner. The run is along a sanctioned 5K course and the walk is approximately 2.5 miles.The Lupus Loop welcomes teams as well as individual participants.
I am unable to attend and walk/run but would still like to fundraise. May I?
You can register as a virtual participant! Wherever you are, you can help raise awareness & collect donations to support the LFA and those living with lupus. Click here to register as an Individual and select [Virtual Participant]. Once signed up, you’ll receive emails with tips on how to make a difference and play a part right where you are!
Does a team need to have a minimum number of participants?
In order to be considered a team, there must be a minimum of two participants. Teams who raise a combined minimum of $100 will receive a team sign.
How does the Lupus Foundation of America use the contributions?
Funds raised by the 28th Annual Lupus Loop 5K Run & 2.5 Mile Walk to End Lupus Now® are used to support research, education, and provide support services for those affected by lupus in the Philadelphia Tri-State area. 90% of all funds remain local and 10% support the National Research Program.
The website looks different from last year. What happened?
We wanted to provide a more streamlined registration process. Nothing takes the fun out of signing up for an event like a wonky website! Your previous event information is still secure. The new setup should make it a little easier to create & share your personal event pages, set and meet your goals, and spread the word about the Lupus Loop on social media!
Where is my old information with all my previous contacts?
If you are a previous Loop attendee, don’t worry your contacts and past fundraising history is still accessible by our staff. Give us a call and get everything you need to you.
Is my information secure?
Yes. The Lupus Foundation of America, Philadelphia Tri-State Chapter makes every effort to protect your information, along with our event vendor, Blackbaud. This website uses industry-standard safety & security technology to make sure that your information and transactions are safe and secure.