Walks | Philadelphia Tri-State
The Walk to End Lupus Now provides people affected by lupus and their families with the opportunity to come together for one unified purpose: ending lupus. Join the Lupus Foundation of America, Philadelphia Tri-State Chapter on Saturday, October 10, 2020 as we raise money for research, increase awareness, and rally support for over 45,000 individuals living with lupus in the Tri-State area!
This year, we are excited to take Walk to End Lupus Now series completely virtual! Join us on October 10 as the tri-state community comes together with the rest of the country for a virtual walk event unlike any other, safely and from the comfort of your own home!
Let the countdown begin! Check out this 30 day calendar for some inspiration in encouraging your team!
Wherever you plan to walk your miles at the Walk to End Lupus Now, you can now win 25,000 FREE miles from American Airlines!
Anyone who raises over $1,000 for the Walk to End Lupus Now will be entered to win a 25,000 AAdvantage Mileage Award Certificate, valid through 11/27/2021. Must be registered for the walk to be eligible to win.
Destination? Your choice!
Hit the top fundraising levels and earn your own Walk to End Lupus Now backpack, hoodie, air fryer, and more!See all incentives here
Executing walks requires ample support from generous sponsors who provide us with financial backing, expertise, and generous products and services for the event.
Check out the sponsorship package below. If you want to explore other options or different packages, please call our office at 215-517-5070.
You have three options for registering:
- Form a Team: Click the purple 'Form a Team' button on the registration page. Enter your desired team name, your fundraising goal, and your division (corporate, community/civic, or friends & family).
- Join a Team: Click the purple 'Join a Team' button on the registration page. Type in the team name to search. Once you find your team, click the green JOIN button in the bottom right corner.
- Register as an Individual: If you do not wish to form or join a team, click the purple 'Register as an individual participant' button on the registration page.
- Select options: Select your participant type and your personal fundraising goal. Even if you are part of a team with its own goal, every participant has a personal fundraising goal and personal fundraising page.
- Create your account: This is necessary for ALL participants, regardless of previous walk participation, as this is our new walk website. You will create a new login username and password in a following step.
- Provide details: Enter a username, password, and select your display name & search options. Select 'Use My First Name and Last Name' if you are a team captain and/or would like your donors to be able to search for you and donate to your fundraising goal. You also have the option of using a screen name, but your donors MUST know your specific screen name in order to donate to your fundraising goal.
- Agree to terms: Click in the small box underneath the event waiver window to agree with the terms and conditions. A printable version is also available by clicking on 'Printable Version' in the upper right corner.
- Review: Make sure all the info you submitted is correct. If you are a team captain and/or registering multiple people at once, here is where you will do so by clicking on 'Register Family Member' in the bottom right corner. IMPORTANT: If you want to register other members of your team, you MUST do so at your own registration, or your team members will have to register themselves. If you are finished with your registration, click 'Complete Registration.'
- Make payment: If you choose to donate now, enter your payment information. You can always make a gift later, or mail a check to the LFA.
Once you have completed the registration process, you will see a summary of your transaction & registration. This will also be emailed to you, and you have the link to your personal Participant Center for the event.
In the Participant Center, you will have the ability to add email contacts to later send updates and fundraising messages. You can also view your progress, write your personal message (and team message if you are a captain), team roster, and enter offline gifts from your donors.
We wanted to provide a more streamlined registration process. Nothing takes the fun out of signing up for an event like a wonky website! Your previous event information is still secure. The new setup should make it a little easier to create & share your personal event pages, set and meet your goals, and spread the word about the walk on social media!
If you are a previous walk attendee, don’t worry- your contacts and past fundraising history is still accessible by our staff. Give us a call and get everything you need to you: 215-517-5070, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Team Participation Award: Presented to the team with the most members in each category: Family & Friends, Community/Civic, and Corporate.
- Trailblazers: This is our signature group of top fundraisers! You earn this award if you raise $1,000. You are eligible for the Trailblazer Award up until 30 days post-Walk. Trailblazers get an exclusive medal, an invite to the LFA Annual Meeting in December, and recognition at the walk.
You can do this BUT only at the time of registration. If you have traditionally registered team members yourself, do this at the time of your own registration. Otherwise, you cannot add people to your team without creating a username/password for them.
The walk is now virtual, but we still may need volunteers. Please email Brendan Heine, Special Events Manager, at email@example.com to inquire about volunteer opportunities at the walk.
YES! We will happily apply any totals that a corporate sponsor donates to the Walk to your team.
We want to help you succeed, so don't hesitate to reach out for assistance with sponsorship. Email Brendan at firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
To host a team fundraiser, please fill out this application and return it to our office by mail or by emailing email@example.com.
Ideas for team fundraisers include dress down days at work, skate parties, bowling nights, designer bag bingo, fundraising nights at a local restaurant, yard sales, and cooking demonstrations. Feel free to contact us to brainstorm options that take into account proper social distancing.
Is there a registration fee?
No, but we encourage you to fundraise to earn incentives.
How do I upload a picture to my team/participant page?
You can upload a 4MB image to your team/participant page. The maximum pixel size is 300x400. Anything larger than that will be rendered at 300x400. If you need help resizing your photos, PicResize is a great tool!
Can I bring my dog(s)?
The walk is now virtual, but for the next in-person walk, you can bring your leashed dogs to the Central PA, Delaware, and Philadelphia walks, but NOT the South Jersey walk, unfortunately. Please consider if your dog will be comfortable with large crowds and potentially loud noises.
What if it rains?
Thankfully this is no longer a hot issue for 2020- silver linings! But our walks are normally held rain or shine. Be sure to collect any donations from who might not be able to attend if inclement weather is forecast. In the event of a national weather emergency, the LFA reserves the right to cancel the event; all pre-registered participants would be notified via email.
What if I don’t have a team?
You can register as an individual participant if you don't want to create a team. Just click the purple 'Register as an individual participant' button on the registration page. We'll take your support any way we can!
I am unable to attend the walk but would still like to fundraise. May I?
Now we're ALL virtual! Wherever you are, you can help raise awareness & collect donations to support the LFA and those living with lupus.
How does the Lupus Foundation of America use the contributions?
Funds raised by the walks are used to support research, education, and provide support services for those affected by lupus in the Philadelphia Tri-State area.
Is my information secure?
Yes. The Lupus Foundation of America, Philadelphia Tri-State Chapter makes every effort to protect your information, along with our event vendor, Blackbaud. This website uses industry-standard safety & security technology to make sure that your information and transactions are safe and secure.