Providing Answers, Support and Hope in Missouri, Southern Illinois, & Kansas
You are not alone. Connect in person or online with others affected by lupus.Register for Login
Benefits of Support Groups
The common experience among members of a support group often means they have similar feelings, worries, everyday problems, treatment decisions or treatment side effects. Participating in a group provides you with an opportunity to be with people who are likely to have a common purpose and likely to understand one another.
Benefits of participating in a support group may include:
- Feeling less lonely, isolated or judged
- Reducing distress, depression, anxiety or fatigue
- Talking openly and honestly about your feelings
- Improving skills to cope with challenges
- Staying motivated to manage chronic conditions or stick to treatment plans
- Gaining a sense of empowerment, control or hope
- Improving understanding of a disease and your own experience with it
- Getting practical feedback about treatment options
- Learning about health, economic or social resources
Heartland Online Support Groups
Our in-person support groups have moved online until further notice. You can call in or join us via computer or smartphone!
Second Thursday of each month
from 6:30 -8:00 p.m.
Join us on Zoom
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
If you have questions or need assistance, contact email@example.com