Online Courses for People with Lupus
The Lupus Foundation of America has partnered with Medscape to offer several online courses designed for people with lupus, their care teams, and others who want to learn about living and coping with the disease — from tracking symptoms to communicating with health care providers.
Discussing Your Lupus Symptoms and Treatment with Your Healthcare Provider
About this course: This course is for people with lupus, their care teams, and others who want to know how to share decision making when planning treatment. The goal is to help you feel confident in talking with your care team about your lupus symptoms and treatments.
- What your role is in deciding on lupus treatment
- Ways to decide on treatment
- What medicines treat lupus
- Who is on your care team
- What to talk about with your care team
Managing Your Lupus Symptoms: Coping with Fatigue
About this course: This course is for people who have lupus, their care teams, and others who want to learn more about fatigue – the extreme tiredness that may happen with lupus. The goal is to help you talk with your care team about this symptom and learn ways to manage it.
You'll watch a video with a nurse expert, Iris Zink, and explore:
- Why fatigue is a challenge with lupus and what causes it
- How to cope with fatigue and why it's important to track your symptoms
- How you can communicate with your care team about your fatigue
- How exercise may help
Tracking Your Lupus Symptoms: Everyday Ways to Make It Personal
About this course: This course is for people who have lupus, their care teams, and others who want to learn more about ways to monitor and report symptoms. The goal is to help you stay on top of how you're feeling and know how and when to share that information with your health care team.
- What lupus symptoms to expect
- Which lupus symptoms to track and how to do that
- Why it's important to report symptoms to your health care provider
- How and when to share what you're feeling with your care team
If you’re a health care provider who treats patients with lupus, these courses can help your patients manage their disease. If you want to develop or increase your own knowledge and skills in caring for patients with lupus, visit our Continuing Medical Education through Medscape page.
Developed through a partnership between the Lupus Foundation of America and Medscape.