Lupus Nephritis (LN) Clinical Trial Now Evaluating Potential New Treatment
Study of Whether Secukinumab Works and Is Safe, When Compared to Placebo, Both Used With Standard of Care, in Patients With Active Lupus Nephritis (SELUNE)
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
Purpose of Study:
The purpose of this study is to evaluate whether secukinumab works and is safe in lupus patients with active Lupus Nephritis (kidney disease associated with lupus) when with current standard of care.
Secukinumab is administered by subcutaneous injection, the method used to administer medication under the skin.
What Does this Study Involve?
The study will last 2 years and consists of 4 parts:
- Screening period: Up to 6 weeks
- Run-in period (optional): Up to 4 weeks before the first treatment visit (the investigator will decide if this period is necessary for some participants who are not already taking standard of care therapy)
- Treatment period: Total duration of 104 weeks
- Follow-up period: Total duration of 8 weeks after the last treatment visit
You May Qualify for This Study If You:
- Are between 18 and 75 years of age
- Have a confirmed diagnosis of systemic lupus erythematosus
- Have a confirmed diagnosis of active lupus nephritis
- Are currently taking or willing to take standard of care therapy, such as immunosuppressants and steroids
- Do not have severe kidney disease
- Are not be pregnant or lactating
All study related care is provided at no cost. You may discontinue participation at any time.
Placebo-controlled, phase 3, interventional clinical trial.
Learn more: Clinical trial secukinumab lupus nephritis | Novartis United States of America
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Be sure to have an open conversation with your doctor. It is important to understand all of your options before deciding what is right for you. Choosing to be in a clinical trial is voluntary. For more information about clinical trials, visit our Featured Research Studies page.