Event Resources from Lupus & You: Lupus and the Skin
Thank you to everyone attending and following up on our Lupus & You event on lupus and the skin. It took place on Wednesday, September 22nd. The resources mentioned in the presentation will be available on this page.
This free event will focused on lupus and the skin with experts speaking on the topic, including:
- How lupus affects the skin
- Treatment and things to be mindful of such as UV office lighting, sun exposure and ways to protect your skin
- A motivational moment from special guest, Maurissa Tancharoen Whedon, writer, producer, actor and lupus warrior
- Attendees will also have an opportunity to ask questions during the event’s Q&A portion.
- Lupus and the skin: Betina Hernandez, MD, Executive Director Immunology, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals
- How to Protect your Skin: Byron Ho, MD, Johns Hopkins University
- Motivational moment: Maurissa Tancharoen Whedon, writer, producer, actor and lupus warrior
- How Lupus Affects the Skin
- Treating Lupus Skin Problems
- The Expert Series: Skin Lupus - Beyond the Butterfly Rash
- What is Cutaneous Lupus?
- Repairing Skin Damaged by Lupus
- Coping with the Impact of Lupus on the Skin
- 10 Truths About UV Radiation
- What You Don’t Know About Sunscreen But Should
About Lupus & You
Lupus & You: Answers. Advocacy. Action. is a free educational series where people with lupus, their family and friends can learn more about the latest in lupus research and managing the disease. You’ll hear about helpful resources and tools, as well as ways to engage in advocacy and awareness efforts to help bring an end to lupus.