We are the Lupus Foundation of America, New Jersey Chapter, Inc. (LFANJ):
- Incorporated in 1976, we are a 501 (c) (3)* tax exempt organization, our Federal ID# is 22-210753.
- In 1977, LFANJ help found the Lupus Foundation of America, Inc. (LFA), and we are still affiliated with LFA today.
Our mission is to improve the quality of life for all people affected by lupus through programs of research, education and advocacy. Donations are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law.
Through the efforts of our members, volunteers and lupus medical experts we:
Contribute to research and promote clinical trials that seek quicker ways to diagnosis and treat lupus.
- Organize educational seminars presenting leading lupus medical experts
Provide current literature on lupus
- Sponsor peer to peer support groups, provide doctor referrals
Advocacy includes education of our state legislators and sponsoring local legislation that directly affects people suffering from lupus.
- Awareness is also promoted through our attending health fairs and speaking engagements
*(a charitable organization with tax-exempt status)