Lupus Awareness Month Toolkit
We can make lupus visible during Lupus Awareness Month by educating friends, family and others about lupus and it's affects. We've put together a few bits of information to get you started.
Lupus Awareness Month is a name to be taken literally: it's the month of May where we all put in extra effort into letting the world know about lupus. We educate our communities and take to social media and let people know what lupus is, how it affects us and what we all can do about it.
Below, you'll find sample posts, quick bits of information and catchy images to get help you spread the word. Let everybody know about lupus!
The effects of lupus are often hidden, unpredictable and misunderstood. It is a chronic autoimmune disease that can affect any organ, and you may look great on the outside while on the inside your body is battling itself.
Just because people can't see the pain, doesn't mean it's not there and can even be life-threatening.
Help bring visibility to lupus, even when it can’t be seen! Thank you for taking the pledge to continue raising awareness and help us make lupus visible year-round.
Join one of the latest viral Instagram trends while also raising #lupus awareness! Check out the Lupus Bingo board and have fun checking off activities during Lupus Awareness Month!
Use the following hashtags when you post your board: #LupusBingo #Bingo #BingoChallenge
Sign into your Facebook account and then visit Profile Picture Frames. Don’t forget to click “Use as Profile Picture” to save your changes!
Telling your own story is one of the best ways to let your friends know about your connection to lupus. If you're looking for inspiration, start with one of these:
- May is Lupus Awareness Month! Join us and Go Purple to End Lupus by taking action and visiting lupus.org/LupusAwarenessMonth. Learn more about this invisible illness and find tools and resources to join the fight against lupus.
- Help advance lupus research by making a donation during Lupus Awareness Month We need your help to put an end to this cruel disease. lupus.org/LupusAwarenessMonth
- There’s no single test to diagnose lupus and only one medication developed and approved specifically for lupus. During Lupus Awareness Month learn more about this life-threatening disease and how you can help raise awareness of lupus lupus.org/LupusAwarenessMonth
- #DYK that lupus is known as an invisible illness because someone with lupus can appear perfectly healthy even though they're battling many internal issues, such as debilitating pain, extreme fatigue, blood disorders and more? Learn more about this cruel and mysterious disease and find tools and resources to join the fight against lupus during Lupus Awareness Month by visiting lupus.org/lupusawarenessmonth.
- People with lupus can experience significant symptoms, such as pain, extreme fatigue, hair loss, cognitive issues, and physical impairments that affect every facet of their lives. Learn more about lupus and how you can make lupus visible during May's Lupus Awareness Month at lupus.org/lupusawarenessmonth
- Go Purple to End Lupus and get involved with Lupus Awareness Month this May! You can turn just about anything into a fundraising opportunity through Make Your Mark — our DIY fundraising program. Raise money your way to support those impacted by lupus. lupus.org/MakeYourMark
- I took the My Purple Pledge during Lupus Awareness Month to raise awareness of lupus this May. Do your part to support the millions of lupus warriors around the world by getting involved in the fight against lupus. To get started visit, lupus.org/LupusAwarenessMonth
- #DYK it takes 6 years to receive an accurate #lupus diagnosis? Learn more about signs and symptoms this #LupusAwarenessMonth.www.lupus.org/common-symptoms#LAM
- You can help create a future without lupus. Learn more & Go Purple to End #Lupus during #LupusAwarenessMonthlupus.org/LupusAwarenessMonth #LAM
- Fundraise your way and get involved this May! Turn your passion into a fundraiser through our Make Your Mark program & support #lupuswarriors during #LupusAwarenessMonth. #LAM lupus.org/makeyourmark
- Support efforts to advance #lupus research by making a donation to @lupusorg during #LupusAwarenessMonth. We can’t put an end to this awful disease without your help! lupus.org/LupusAwarenessMonth #LAM
- #DYK that #lupus can affect your skin, joints and organs? Though these symptoms cause debilitating pain and can even be life-threatening, they’re usually not visible from the outside, causing others to think nothing is wrong. Learn more about lupus & get involved during #LupusAwarenessMonth. lupus.org/lupusawarenessmonth. @lupusorg #LAM
- Systemic #lupus accounts for approximately 70% of all cases of lupus. In approximately half of these cases, a major organ or tissue in the body, such as the heart, lungs, kidneys, or brain will be affected. Learn more during #LupusAwarenessMonth. lupus.org/lupusawarenessmonth@lupusorg #LAM
- I took #MyPurplePledge to raise awareness of lupus this May. Do your part this #LupusAwarenessMonth by getting involved in the fight against lupus. Join us! Visit lupus.org/LupusAwarenessMonth #LAM
- Infographic: Signs and Symptoms of Lupus
- Infographic: The Impact of Lupus in America
- Infographic: The Burden of Lupus
- Lupus Fact Sheet
- Lupus Fact Friday's
Before World Lupus Day, you can share this:
- May 10th is #WorldLupusDay. Visit WorldLupusDay.org for information and ways to involve your local community.
Sharing to your social channels on World Lupus Day? Try one of these:
- Today is #WorldLupusDay and we think of the 5 million people worldwide affected by lupus, the lupus warriors who continue to fight strong to make a difference, and those who lost their battle with this disease. We stand with you! #LupusAwarenessMonth #LAM
- There are an estimated 1.5 million people in the U.S. living with lupus and about 5 million worldwide. No matter who you are or where you are, we support you! ♥ #LupusAwarenessMonth #LAM
- On May 15th, Put on Purple to show your support for the millions of people affected by lupus. It’s an easy way to raise awareness about this cruel and mysterious disease. Learn more and spread the word during Lupus Awareness Month by visiting Lupus.org/PutOnPurple
- Wear purple proudly on Friday, May 15th for Put on Purple Day to raise awareness for lupus! Join us and encourage your family and friends to do the same. Learn more by visiting Lupus.org/PutOnPurple
- Show your support for those affected by lupus by proudly sporting your purple for Put on Purple Day on May 15th and donate to advance lupus research efforts. Lupus.org/PutOnPurple
- This Lupus Awareness Month, let’s make lupus visible! On May 15, let’s Go Purple to end lupus! Join me on 5/15 and share this post to encourage others to participate during Put on Purple Day so we can raise awareness for the millions impacted by this awful disease. Lupus.org/PutOnPurple
- Tomorrow is #PutOnPurple day for #LupusAwarenessMonth! Go Purple to End Lupus by wearing purple. Learn more about Put on Purple day here: lupus.org/pop #POP #LAM
- During #LupusAwarenessMonth, you can Go Purple to End Lupus on #PutOnPurple day May 15th to show your support those affected by #lupus. Help raise awareness and end the cruel mystery. Lupus.org/pop
- Join thousands nationwide for #PutOnPurple Day on May 15th to raise awareness for #lupus & rally support for those suffering from its impact #POP
- #PutOnPurple on May 15th to support those affected by #lupus. Go Purple to End Lupus and Spread the word! #POP Lupus.org/pop
- Show your support for those affected by lupus and #PutonPurple on May 15th and donate to advance lupus research efforts. #POP Lupus.org/pop
- Let’s make lupus visible during #LupusAwarenessMonth. Join me and show your support for the millions impacted by lupus by wearing purple on May 15! Together, we can Go Purple to End lupus! Lupus.org/pop #PutOnPurple #POP #LAM
- We're proud to team up with @LupusFoundationofAmerica to make lupus visible during May's Lupus Awareness Month. Go Purple to end lupus! Join with us and support the 1.5 million Americans living with lupus by/when you [insert promo]
- Lupus is a chronic, autoimmune disease that causes inflammation anywhere in your body and can affect any of organ, the skin and joints. There are an estimated 1.5 million Americans living with this awful disease. Share this post to help us and the @LupusFoundationofAmerica raise awareness of lupus this month during Lupus Awareness Month. Visit lupus.org/lupusawarenessmonth
- #DYK there is an estimated 1.5 million people living with #lupus, a chronic autoimmune disease that can affect your skin, organs and joints? During #LupusAwarenessMonth this month, we're working with @lupusorg to raise more awareness of lupus. Join us and RT this tweet.
- This month, we're [insert offer/ promo] in support of all of those living with #lupus. Head over to @lupusorg's lupus.org/resources to learn more about lupus
For the month of May, we're raising awareness about lupus. Take a look at all the things you can do to help.See More