2018-19 Florida Community Ambassadors
Are you interested in raising awareness about lupus and sharing your story?
Are you interested in being part of the LFA family?
If yes, please apply for the LFA Ambassador Program.
The Lupus Foundation of America, Florida Chapter’s (LFAFL) Ambassador Program’s mission is to raise the awareness of lupus by sharing personal stories and information about lupus and LFAFL to targeted audiences in Florida, contributing to earlier diagnosis, proper treatment, and improved prognosis for those affected by this disease. Ambassadors increase awareness about the programs and services of the LFAFL and enable us to better serve the estimated 100,000 Florida residents living with lupus and those that care about them.
Whether you yourself have lupus, a loved one has lupus or you are a health professional working in the lupus community – we need you!
LFA Ambassadors are dedicated, engaged and educated advocates who enhance LFAFL’s presence online and in-person. Below are just a few qualities that we look for in an Ambassador:
• Knowledgeable about lupus and LFA
• Committed to the mission and vision of the Lupus Foundation of America
• At least 18 years of age (if under 18, accompanied by a parent)
• Social Media Influencer
• Well-spoken and professional
• Engaging and Personable
• Passionate about lupus awareness
• Represent the LFA in the local community at health fairs, community events, business lunch and learns, service organizations, etc.
• Help identify community outreach opportunities for the Lupus Foundation of America
• Volunteer to speak at a minimum of 3 events or programs annually
• Recruit fellow patients, caregivers, friends and medical professionals to get involved
• Attend future training as needed
• Utilize social media to educate and spread awareness
Thank you for your interest. We will begin accepting 2019-20 applications in Spring 2019.