Would you like to invest your time and talents in an organization that is helping those affected by lupus? Then we have a place for you. The LFA, Indiana Chapter needs volunteer assistance in reaching lupus patients across the state and educating them about lupus and our organization. Based on 2010 census information, it's estimated that 36,000 of Indiana’s residents have lupus, so we have a lot of work to do.
Our Chapter couldn't function without the support of our wonderful volunteers! We hope you'll consider joining us. Sign Me Up!
How can you help?
- Serve on a committee to help plan events such as Walk to End Lupus Now and A Tasteful Affair (Indianapolis) or an event in northwestern Indiana - or be an "event day" volunteer.
- Become a Support Group Meeting Facilitator. Facilitator Role Description (We are currently in need of co-facilitators in Evansville and northwestern Indiana. Please contact Debbie Campbell at email@example.com for additional information.) Meet Our Facilitators
- Make Your Mark™ is the Lupus Foundation of America's community fundraising program. It gives everyone a chance to get involved in supporting the fight against lupus. The Make Your Mark™ program will help you to create a unique event —so that you can make your mark in solving the cruel mystery of lupus. Learn more
- Volunteer to represent the chapter at local health fairs.
- Office help.
- Show off and donate your photography and videography skills
- Share your story for our 'Like You' series.
Consider becoming a candidate for our volunteer Board of Directors. If interested, call our office at 317.225.4400 or 800.948.8806 for more details.
Phyllis Simko is the founding member of the Lupus Foundation of America, Indiana Chapter.. She started the foundation over 30 years ago and served as its President and CEO until her retirement in 2010. In honor of Phyllis and all of the amazing volunteers who give of their time in so many different ways, we hope you'll join us in celebrating our volunteers.
Contact Your Local Elected Officials About Issues Important to People with Lupus
We need your help in keeping in touch with your elected officials to remind them about issues important to people with lupus. Find our latest letters and write to Congress at www.capwiz.com/lfa. Together we can make our voices heard and make a difference!