Dragon Con, Inc. - Our Year-Round Sponsor
The Georgia Chapter of the Lupus Foundation of America is honored to have been chosen as a charity for Dragon Con, Inc. the largest multi-media, popular culture convention focusing on science fiction and fantasy, gaming, comics, literature, art, music, and film in the universe! We are grateful to Pat and Sherry Henry for their leadership and immense contribution to the growth of our Chapter.
In 2017, Dragon Con will be held on Labor Day weekend (September 1st - 4th) in Atlanta, GA.
As a year-round sponsor, Dragon Con, Inc. has helped our chapter to significantly grow our programs and awareness efforts for the 55,000 Georgians living with lupus. The growth of community support for our programs and mission, strengthened by new corporate and media partners, shows that people care and lupus matters!
We are here every day, providing resources and grassroots outreach to thousands of women, men, and children. We answer calls and emails, provide online web seminars, give referrals, mail information, and provide essential and groundbreaking education programs, support groups, events, and advocacy.
Our new and expanded programs and resources for patients in more than 120 counties across Georgia include
- More than 30 Support Groups- including Men, Teens, Hispanic and Young Adults
- Patient Navigators trained to provide reliable and sustainable resources
- Statewide Symposiums, Newly Diagnosed Seminars and Workshops
- Georgia Empowerment Summit in Atlanta
- Monthly Teleconference Calls
- Emergency Financial Assistance
- Advocacy and Awareness in Georgia and Washington, D.C.
Ninety percent of every dollar raised stays in Georgia to support our chapter's programs. We also support the national efforts of the Lupus Foundation of America, funding and advocating investment in lupus research.