The lupus community includes people living with lupus, friends, family and supporters across Georgia. For Lupus Awareness Month, we would like to highlight some of our lupus heroes and champions.
We want to share YOUR story this year
If you are interested in being a part of this annual tradition, here's how you do it:
- Send your story (word document) and a few photos to email@example.com, Stories can be as long as you like.
- Optional: Submit a short video (see video format and filming guidelines below) and send via wetransfer.com (instructions below).
- Deadline for consideration: April 20, 2023
Video Format (videos need to 1- 1.5 minutes maximum)
- First, introduce yourself (name and location)
- Connection to lupus
- Connection to the Foundation (advocate, volunteer, program attendee, walker, caregiver, support group leader, lupus warrior, etc.)
- Tell your story
- Why it’s important to you for others to get involved with the LFAGA to spread awareness, raise funds, and change lives for people living with lupus
- EXAMPLE: Hi my name is [NAME] from [TOWN] and [CONNECTION TO LUPUS: EXAMPLE; I have been living with lupus for 7 years.] [INSERT STORY] [CONNECTION TO FOUNDATION] [ASK FOR INVOLVEMENT]
- Always record in horizontal format. If using your phone, prop up against a flat surface or use a tripod
- Make sure you are at least 3 feet away from the camera
- Make sure the camera is set up at chest level (a little below chest level works even better if you can set it up)
- Remember when putting your best self on the internet, NEVER do so without proper lighting! ? (You should face the light source, never against it e.g. Window, sunlight – natural light works best)
- Make sure there is no background noise (no TVs/music playing, cell phones on silent, etc.)
- Say your lines with excitement, sincerity, energy and smiles!! ?
- When recording, press record and wait at least 2-3 seconds before starting to speak, then wait at least 2-3 seconds at the end to end the recording. This is helpful for our editing purposes!
- Wear something purple purple.
Sending your video
The file sizes of videos are often large. To send the video, we recommend using WeTransfer. Go to WeTransfer.com from your computer (or phone if you filmed on your phone), upload your video file and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.