Our mission is to improve the quality of life for all people affected by lupus through programs of research, education, support and advocacy.
Our vision is to live in a world without lupus!
What We Do
The Lupus Foundation of America, Philadelphia Tri-State Chapter is part of a national force devoted to solving the cruel mystery of lupus while providing caring support to those who suffer from its brutal impact.
With the help of informed volunteers, lupus medical experts, and committed and caring supporters, we:
- Support research and conduct education programs so everyone affected by lupus can have an improved quality of life;
- Provide information to ensure people with lupus and their families get answers and health professionals know about new means to diagnose and manage the disease; and,
- Conduct activities to increase awareness of lupus, rally public support for those who are affected by lupus, and advocate on their behalf.
The Philadelphia Tri-State Chapter is the former Southeastern Pennsylvania Chapter. The Southeastern PA Chapter was formed in 2000 with the merger of the Delaware Valley and Philadelphia Chapters, both of which were founded in the early 1970s.
Our new chapter name reflects our expanded service territory: Southern New Jersey, the state of Delaware, and Pennsylvania.
Currently the only chapter of the Lupus Foundation of America in Pennsylvania, we provide direct services in the entire state of Pennsylvania; seven southern New Jersey counties including Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, Salem; and the entire state of Delaware.
Peer-counseling and support, information and referral, as well as educational materials may be obtained anywhere in the Tri-State Region by calling toll-free: 866-517-5070.
Lupus Foundation of America, Philadelphia Tri-State Chapter Board of Directors and Staff
We conduct outreach efforts and share stories of those who live with lupus to increase awareness of lupus, bring greater attention to the disease and its devastating impact, and rally public support to join the fight to end lupus.Learn more
We raise money to support research through the Lupus Foundation of America’s National Research program, Bringing Down the Barriers™, which aggressively pursues an agenda to find answers to the most difficult questions and advance the science and medicine of lupus.Latest research news
We answer questions about lupus, provide tools, resources, and referrals to doctors who treat lupus, and help guide individuals and families through the complexities of living with lupus and toward a better quality of life.Current educational programs
We advocate on behalf of all people with lupus, their families, and the health professionals who care for them. We educate government officials and industry leaders on the urgent need to expand public and private investment in lupus research, education programs, and support services.Lend your voice in the fight against lupus
The Guggenheim Grant-in-Aid Fund was established to provide limited financial assistance for special or emergency needs for individuals with lupus.Learn more
Walk to End Lupus Now Central Pennsylvania
Walk to End Lupus Now South Jersey
Walk to End Lupus Now Delaware
Lupus Links Golf Tournament
Living Well With Lupus Seminar Series: Central PA, Delaware, Lehigh Valley, South Jersey, and Philadelphia
Lupus Loop 5K Run and 2.5 Mile Walk to End Lupus Now
- Cindy Messerle, Chief Executive Officer: email@example.com
- Brendan Heine, Special Events Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adrienne Randall, Program and Communications Manager: email@example.com
- Jennifer Burke, Administrative Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Morgen Tyler, Patient Navigator: email@example.com