10 Reasons to Attend the National Policy Summit
1. Be a part of a powerful force descending on Washington to fight for increased funding for lupus research, better treatments and a cure.
2. Join others from your state to meet with your elected officials on Capitol Hill to share your lupus story, and deliver a loud and direct message that more must be done now to end this cruel disease.
3. Help us put a face on the disease. Your legislators need to know that lupus impacts your family, friends and neighbors. Statistics on lupus are not just numbers on a page.
4. Learn about exciting new drug treatments in development designed specifically to help people living with lupus.
5. Gain exclusive access to leaders in the lupus research community within government, the pharmaceutical industry and the private sector, and better understand what they are doing to accelerate lupus research.
6. Learn what federal agencies are doing to advance lupus research, education and awareness.
7. Connect and develop new relationships with people who also have lupus and a passion for the cause.
8. Learn about the latest issues that the Lupus Foundation of America is working to advance through its advocacy efforts.
9. Increase awareness and an understanding of lupus among policy makers so that they make our cause their cause.
10. Even if you’re visiting the Nation’s Capital for only a short trip, the Summit’s hotel is just minutes from historic sites, museums, the White House, National Mall, award-winning dining, art, cultural attractions and much more.
This is the time to make lupus a priority on the national health care agenda, so make your voice heard and join us on Capitol Hill for the National Policy Summit.