Local Support Groups
Lupus Foundation of America, WI Chapter
2600 N. Mayfair Road, Atrium (Lower Level) Milwaukee 414-443-6400
Held the last Tuesday of the month and begin at 6:00 PM unless otherwise noted.
- January 27, 2015 - Discussion on how to deal with grief, anxiety and stress lead by JoAnn Husslein, LPC, of Associated Mental Health Consultants. Please join us, JoAnn is an outstanding speaker!
- February 24, 2015 - Rap Session sharing your concerns and knowledge
- March 31, 2015
- April 28, 2015 - Art therapist Michelle Sherkow will speak on the benefits of Art Therapy. An open discussion on learning how to express your feelings and emotions as well as dealing chronic fatigue through art therapy will be followed by designing your own personal journal. Supplies will be provided. We look forward to seeing you there!
- May 26, 2015 - Debra Matzen will be speaking on the topic of acupuncture. Ms. Matzen has experience helping those with sleep disorders and autoimmune diseases including fibromyalgia. Hope to see you there!
- June - no meeting
- July 28, 2015 - Health and Wellness and Lupus - The American College of Rheumatology suggests people with lupus perform four types of exercise: flexibility, strengthening, aerobic, and body awareness. Three certified trainers from the Wisconsin Athletic Club will be speaking on low-impact exercises that can reduces stiffness, increase range-of-motion, strengthen muscles and reduce fatigue. Learn about the benefits of water fusion for joints, water walking, yoga and many other fitness classes for you!
- August 25, 2015 - our appologies, Mr. Haas will be speaking at a later date. A Rap Session is scheduled.
- September 29, 2015.
- October 27, 2015
- November 24, 2015 - We are welcoming back Ms. Liz Gorecki, Registered Diettitian at the Medical College of WI. She will be speaking on Nutrition and Healthy Food Planning. Liz will help you understand how good nutritian and a well-balanced diet plays an important role in maintainting strong bones and muscles as well as inflamation. Liz will share some of her favorite recipes that she uses to live a healthier lifestyle wit lupus.
- December - no meeting
If you are interested in starting up a support group meeting in your area, please contact the foundation by phone at
414.443.6400, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can add your information to our website.
St. Elizabeth Hospital, 1506 S. Oneida Street, Appleton, WI
Meetings are first Monday of the month, unless it's a holiday, then it is the second Monday. Meet in Conference Room.
- February, 2, 2015 6:30-7:30 pm
- March 2, 2015 6:30-7:30 pm
- April 6, 2015 6:30-7:30 pm
- May 4, 2015 6:30-7:30 pm
- June 8, 2015 6:30-7:30 pm
- July 6, 2015 6:30-7:30 pm
- August 3, 2015 6:30-7:30 pm
- September 7, 2015 6:30-7:30 pm
- October 5, 2015 6:30-7:30 pm
- November 2, 2015 6:30-7:30 pm
- December 7, 2015 6:30-7:30 pm
MADISON – DOWNTOWN*
Meriter Hospital, 202 S. Park Street, Madison, WI
- January - no meeting
- March 17, 2015 - 6:30-7:30 pm
- May 19, 2015 - 6:30 - 7:30 pm
- July 21, 2015 - 6:30 - 7:30 pm
- September 15, 2015 - 6:30 - 7:30 pm
- November 17, 2015 - 6:30 - 7:30 pm - CANCELLED
*The group meets every other month, on the third Tuesday of the month.
Meeting Room Location: Cafeteria Conference Room B. If you park in the ramp, take the elevator down to Level 1,
exit the elevator, turn right and follow the hallway ahead and to the right. The Cafeteria is on your left and the meeting room is in the back
right corner of the Cafeteria.
MADISON – WEST**
UWHealth West Clinic, 451 Junction Road, Meeting Room #1287, Madison, WI
- February 17, 2015 - 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
- April 21, 2015 - 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
- June 16, 2015 - 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
- August 18, 2015 - 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
- October 20, 2015 - 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
- December 15, 2015 - 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
**The group meets every other month over the lunch hour, starting in February. Meeting Location: Room #1287
Meeting Room Location:
1) Enter the clinic through the main doors (registraton centers will be directly in front of you)
2) Turn left and enter the Java Coast Coffee Shop & Cafe
3) Turn right and walk down the short hallway
4) Turn left when you arrive at the carpet at the end of the hallway
5) Meeting Room #1287 is the 1st door on your left (room number above the door)
Volunteer Support Group Leader: Nancy L. Johnson - (608) 332-5928
Note: The Madison Support Group is a combination of people with Lupus, Sjogren's Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and other autoimmune diseases.
MADISON - WOMEN OF COLOR GROUP
This new group meets the the 3rd Tuesday of each month at the Urban League, 2222 S Park Street, Suite 200, Madison, WI.
- January 20, 2015
- February 17, 2015
- March 17, 2015
- April 21, 2015
- May 19, 2015
- June 16, 2015
- July 21, 2015
For more information contact Mary Wells at 608-446-6760 email@example.com or Stephanie Pamperin at 608-577-0576 firstname.lastname@example.org
MEN'S LUPUS SUPPORT GROUP
This group meets via telephone conference call the last Thursday of each month from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
Kenny Burns Jr. is the Facilitator.
If you would like to take part in this call, please email email@example.com or call the LFA, WI Chapter office 414-4433-6400 to receive the call-in information.
Basics CO-OP, Natural Foods
1711 Lodge Dr, Janesville, WI 53545
All meetings begin at 6 PM. Stay tuned for update.