Local Support Groups
Lupus Foundation of America, WI Chapter
2600 N. Mayfair Road, Atrium (Lower Level) Milwaukee 414-443-6400
Held the last Tuesday of the month and begin at 6:00 PM unless otherwise noted.
- January 28, 2014 - CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER
- February 25, 2014 - Highly anticipated discussion: "Anxiety Management Techniques and How to Deal with a Crisis" Lead by JoAnn Husslein, LPC, of Associated Mental Health Consultants. Please join us, JoAnn is an outstanding speaker!
- March 25, 2014
- April 29, 2014
- May 20, 2014 - ONE WEEK EARLY BECAUSE OF MEMORIAL DAY - We will welcome Dr. Erik Alexander, MD, Dematologist with Dermatology Associates of Wisconsin, S.C. discussing the importance of summer skin care
- June - no meeting
- July 29, 2014 - Featuring Kevin Haass, Attorney speaking on Social Security Disability - We thank Mr. Haass for a wonderful meeting and your valuable time!
- August 26, 2014 -We welcome Dr. Jonathan Kushi, Rheumatic Disease Center, who will be speaking about lupus and rheumatoid arthritis.
- September 30, 2014- Ms. Kathy Hill who is a certified life coach and emotion code practitioner, will be speaking on emotive therapy and its techniques.
- October 28, 2014-Featuring Ms. Liz Gorecki, who is a registered dietician who will discuss diet and lupus.
- November 25, 2014
- December - no meeting
If you are interested in starting up a support group meeting in your area, please contact the foundation by phone at
414.443.6400, or by email at email@example.com so we can add your information to our website.
St. Elizabeth Hospital, 1506 S. Oneida Street, Appleton, WI
Meetings are first Monday of the month, unless it's a holiday, then it is the second Monday. Meet in Conference Room.
- February, 3, 2014 6:30-7:30 pm
- March 3, 2014 6:30-7:30 pm
- April 7, 2014 6:30-7:30 pm
- May 5, 2014 6:30-7:30 pm
- June 2, 2014 6:30-7:30 pm
- July 7, 2014 6:30-7:30 pm
- August 4, 2014 6:30-7:30 pm
- September 8, 2014 6:30-7:30 pm
- October 6, 2014 6:30-7:30 pm
- November 3, 2014 6:30-7:30 pm
- December 1, 2014 6:30-7:30 pm
MADISON – DOWNTOWN*
Meriter Hospital, 202 S. Park Street, Madison, WI
- January - no meeting
- March 18, 2014 - 6:30-7:30 pm
- May 20, 2014 - 6:30 - 7:30 pm
- July 15, 2014 - 6:30 - 7:30 pm - Guest Speaker: Dr Ruddy, ND speaking on the topic of Naturopathic Approaches to Autoimmune/Rheumatological Diseases
- September 16, 2014 - 6:30 - 7:30 pm - Guest Speaker: Christine Sharkey, MD will be speaking on the topic of Similarites & Differences between Lupus, Sjogren's, and other autoimmune diseases
- November 18, 2014 - 6:30 - 7:30 pm
*The group meets every other month, on the third Tuesday of the month.
Meeting Room Location: Cafeteria Conference Room B. If you park in the ramp, take the elevator down to Level 1,
turn right out of elevator and follow the hallway. The Cafeteria is on your left and the meeting room is in the back
right of the Cafeteria.
MADISON – WEST**
UWHealth West Clinic, 451 Junction Road, Meeting Room #1288, Madison, WI (located near Target)
- February 18, 2014 - 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
- April 15, 2014 - 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
- June 17, 2014 - 11:30 am - 12:30 pm - Topic: Sjogren's Syndrome Patient Conference Recap
- August 19, 2014 - 11:30 am - 12:30 pm - Topic: Fatigue Fighters
- October 21, 2014 - 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
- December 16, 2014 - 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
**The group meets every other month over the lunch hour, starting in February.
Meeting Room Location:
1) Enter the clinic through the main doors (registraton centers will be directly in front of you)
2) Turn left and enter the Java Coast Coffee Shop & Cafe
3) Turn right and walk down the short hallway
4) Turn left when you arrive at the carpet at the end of the hallway
5) Meeting Room #1288 is the 2nd door on your left (room number above the door)
Volunteer Support Group Leader: Nancy L. Johnson - (608) 332-5928
Note: The Madison Support Group is a combination of people with Lupus, Sjogren's Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and other autoimmune diseases.
Basics CO-OP, Natural Foods
1711 Lodge Dr, Janesville, WI 53545
All meetings begin at 6 PM. Stay tuned for update.