Learn More about Making a Difference
Whether it's putting together a team in the Walk to End Lupus Now event, or sending an email to someone who can't get out of bed, there are multiple ways you can get involved in the LFA’s mission. Many volunteers with the LFA, WI Chapter support the programs listed below. Each program supports one of our top priorities and provides valuable services to people who need our help. Want to do a lot of good with a little of your time? Look at our efforts below, and find one that's just right for you.Community Programs, Services and Events
- Walk to End Lupus Now - Volunteer to help with the mailings, distribute walk brochures, set-up and clean-up for the event on June 8, 2013.
- Fall Lupus Luncheon - Provide assistance with mailings, set-up and clean-up for the event on October 10, 2013.
- Join a local LFA Chapter -- By joining LFA Wisconsin Chapter, you help to support programs that help people with lupus living in your community. Become a support group member, participate in an education program, or get involved in a fund-raising activity. We need your help and active participation.
Education and Awareness
- Conduct a Health Fair -- If your company, school, place of worship, or community center conducts a health fair, the LFA Wisconsin Chapter will provide brochures about lupus, posters, fact sheets, and bookmarks that provide information on lupus. These items are available for purchase through the LFA store. If you would like to volunteer to represent the LFA Wisconsin Chapter at one of these health fairs contact our office at 414-443-6400 or online at email@example.com.
- Speak at a Support Group meeting -- If you would like to be a speaker at one of our monthly Support Group meetings please contact our office at 414-443-6400 or online at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide assistance in our office by offering to help with mailings, data entry, or other administrative duties.
Raise Money and Awareness
- Organize a Fund-raising Activity -- Your club, company, or civic association can designate the Lupus Foundation of America Wiconsin Chapter to receive proceeds from its fund-raising activities. Please contact us at 414-443-6400 to coordinate your efforts.
- Become a Fund Raiser -- If you don't want to organize a public event, you can host your own fund-raising activity on the Web and raise funds online. It's easier than you think! With LFA Wisconsin Chapter's Firstgiving page, you will be able to set up your Web page. Appeal to others in your own words and post photos of yourself. Then invite your family and friends to support your activity by sending messages through our Fund-raising page with a link to you personal Web page. You will be helping the LFA raise funds for research, education, advocacy and support programs. Create your own fund-raising Web page.
- Make a Personal Donation to the Lupus Foundation of America, Wisconsin Chapter -- But what if you don't want to organize a fund-raising activity? It's ok, because you can still help to advance and strengthen urgently needed lupus programs by making a tax-deductible donation. You may choose to make a personal, memorial, honorary, or special occasion donation, either online using our secure server, or off-line by mail, phone or fax. Donate now.