The Lupus Foundation of America, Inc. (LFA) permits links to its Websites** from other websites that meet the following conditions:
- Links to the LFA Website must be for educational purposes only to increase public and professional awareness and understanding of lupus, its symptoms, health effects and treatments. Linking Websites may not provide directive medical advice unless its authors are licensed to provide such information.
- Links should be "text-only." For example ... the Lupus Foundation of America
- The LFA does not allow the use of its stylized logos, trademarks, or service marks on other websites, or as an image link to the LFA Website, without written permission granted by an official of the LFA National Office.
- The LFA does not permit links from websites that provide information about products related to the treatment of lupus or related diseases, or their symptoms or health effects, unless the link has been approved in writing by an official of the LFA National Office.
- The LFA does not permit links from commercial websites that charge a fee to access website content, or websites that advertise, promote, recommend or sell a product or service, unless the link has been authorized in writing by an official of the LFA National Office.
- The LFA does not allow links from websites that contain inaccurate, misleading, out-of-date, offensive, inflammatory, libelous or inappropriate content, or websites that contain information that is not from a credible or reliable source. However, the LFA takes no responsibility for information contained on websites that link to the LFA Website.
- A link to the LFA Web site must not be placed in such a manner as to suggest or infer that a representative of the LFA has reviewed, approved or endorsed the information contained on the referring Web site.
- Websites may not frame pages of the LFA Website. LFA Website pages must open in a new web browser window.
- The LFA does not allow links from web sites that contain links to other web sites that do not meet our guidelines.
- The LFA reserves all rights to all content that appears on the LFA Website. No portion of the LFA Website may be copied, reposted or redistributed without written permission of an official of the LFA National Office.
- The LFA reserves the right to deny permission to link to its Website without cause, liability or explanation. Failure to remove links when requested may result in legal proceedings and civil penalties.
For questions related to these guidelines, please contact the Webmaster.
** These guidelines apply to all Websites registered to the Lupus Foundation of America, Inc. These Websites include, but are not limited to, lupus.org, lupusnow.org, shoplupus.org, worldlupusday.org, lupusvoices.org, LFA-point.org, and affiliated Websites.
Updated January 4, 2012