About the Lupus Foundation of America, Inc.
Who We Are and What We Do
The Lupus Foundation of America is the only national force devoted to solving the mystery of lupus, one of the world’s cruelest, most unpredictable, and devastating diseases, while giving caring support to those who suffer from its brutal impact. Through a comprehensive program of research, education, and advocacy, we lead the fight to improve the quality of life for all people affected by lupus.
A Comprehensive Strategy
Lupus is a complex disease that requires a comprehensive strategy. Across the nation, we bring together all stakeholders with an interest in lupus to:
- Lead special research initiatives, fund innovative studies, and advocate for increased public and private investment in lupus research to advance the science and medicine of lupus;
- Translate research findings into useful programs, information, and tools for people with lupus, and ensure health professionals know about new means to diagnose and manage the disease;
- Conduct outreach efforts to increase public understanding of lupus, and share stories of those who suffer from the disease to rally public support to join the fight to end lupus; and,
- Provide caring support to people with lupus, their families and their caregivers, and help guide them through the complexities of living with lupus.
Help Us Solve The Cruel Mystery!
If you join the fight, we will not have to concede victory to this terrible disease. With your support and involvement, we will be able to solve the cruel mystery of lupus in our lifetime and end its devastating impact on millions of lives.
About our Programs and Services
The Lupus Foundation of America convenes lupus experts, implements strategies, provides resources, and rallies support nationwide to help solve the cruel mystery of lupus.
Our national research program, Bringing Down the Barriers™, aggressively seeks to advance the science and medicine of lupus. We convene experts from many medical specialties to identify the most urgent scientific challenges, and aggressively pursue an agenda to find answers to the most difficult questions.
Education & Support
We are here to listen, to provide answers, and to give caring support. Our health educators answer questions, provide tools, resources, and referrals to doctors who treat lupus, and help guide individuals and their families affected by lupus toward a better quality of life.
We advocate on behalf of all people with lupus, their families, and the health professionals who care for them. We educate government officials and industry leaders on the urgent need to expand public and private investment in lupus research, education programs, and support services.
Our National Network is composed of chapters, offices, and support groups in communities throughout the United States. As a united force, we lead a nationwide movement to solve the cruel mystery of lupus and improve the quality of life for all people who suffer from its impact.
Volunteers Leadership and Senior Staff
Signature Events of the LFA
The Lupus Foundation of America is a charitable organization with tax-exempt status granted under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Our Federal ID# is 43-1131436. Donations are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law.
- How donations are used
- Make an online donation now
- Include a gift to LFA in your will or estate plan
- 2011 Annual Report
- Link to 2011 IRS Form 990 on Guidestar (PDF)
- 2011 Audited Financials (PDF)
- 2010 Annual Report (PDF)
- 2009 Annual Report (PDF)
- Corporate Partners