Lupus America℠ Household Goods Donation Program
Lupus America℠ Household Goods Donation Program is a charitable fundraising program to benefit Lupus Foundation of America's resesearch, education and support services that help improve the quality of life for all people affected by lupus.
Right now, the Lupus America℠ program is only availble in a few areas. But we are growing.
Lupus America℠ Household Goods Program allows residents in those areas to join the fight against lupus by donating useable household items. These donated items then are sold to for-profit wholesale buyers. The proceeds from the sale of donated items is use to support vital programs for individuals with lupus and their families in communities like yours.
- Clothing -- all types and sizes
- Shoes -- all types and sizes
- All bedding items
- Draperies and curtains
- Housewares and glassware
- Jewelry and cosmetics
- Toys and games
- Knick knacks
- Small appliances
- Tools of all kinds
- Please ... no furniture or large items
How to Schedule Your Pick-Up
- Call 1-888-44-LUPUS (1-888-445-8787) or go online to www.lupuspickup.org to schedule a pick-up.
- If the time specified is inconvenient, please call between 8 a.m – 10 p.m. Monday – Friday, or on Saturday between 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. to arrange another pick-up date.
Preparing Your Donations for Pick-Up
- Please place your donations out by 7:30 a.m. on the scheduled day, rain or shine.
- Identify your donation clearly by marking "LF" on all bags and boxes to be picked up.
The driver will leave a donation receipt at the time of pick-up. It is the donor's responsibility to determine the value of the donated items.
The Lupus Foundation of America is a charitable organization with tax-exempt status granted under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Our Federal ID# is 43-1131436. Your donations are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law.
It is the donor's responsibility to file IRS Form 8283 if the amount of your tax deduction for all non-cash gifts is more than $500. If you have any questions, please consult your tax advisor.
* This program is only available in Maryland, New Jersey and Virginia.