Special Events Intern – Winter 2013
The Lupus Foundation of America, Illinois Chapter is looking for a part-time, unpaid intern to assist the Manager of Corporate Relations and Events with planning our signature event, Walk to End Lupus Now™.
Our first two walks are in May and we need your help! We are looking for an energetic and hardworking intern to assist with everything from logistical planning and marketing to fundraising and donor relations. You will gain firsthand event planning and fundraising experience and will be exposed to the inner workings of a small non-profit organization.
- Assist with logistical planning of events, including contacting vendors and securing permits
- Solicit local businesses for in-kind donations
- Research and contact local businesses and corporations for partnership opportunities
- Assist with walker recruitment, team growth, and donor cultivation
- Assist with design of marketing materials including event posters, mailings, and electronic correspondence
- Assist with website design, updates, and modifications
- Assist with data entry needs and analysis of data
- General office and other duties as assigned
- Hard worker interested in learning about event planning and nonprofit organizations
- Willing to assist with and manage multiple tasks at one time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Commitment of 10-15 hours a week (office hours are Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) for minimum of three months
- Able to attend the walks preferred (5/18/13 and 5/19/13)
To apply, please email cover letter and résumé to Lena Clement at email@example.com.
Office Support Volunteers
The LFAI is always in need of volunteers to help out in the office a few hours a week. Office support tasks generally include assisting with mailings, folding brochures for health fairs, filing and other tasks as needed. If you are interested in volunteering at the LFAI Office, please call Sonya at 312-542-0002 or email Sonya@lupusil.org.