10 Reasons to Support the LFAI
Join us in the fight against lupus!
- LFAI supports life-saving research conducted by local scientists. Funding lupus-specific research is the only way to find safe and effective treatments and eventually a cure for lupus.
- LFAI implements programs and services designed to meet the needs of Illinois' lupus community by providing everything from financial assistance through the Living with Lupus grant program, to locating a doctor to treat lupus to finding a local support group.
- LFAI assists individuals living with lupus with personal assistance to ensure there is always someplace to turn for those in need.
- LFAI understands that lupus affects the family and support system of the individual with the disease and provides personal assistance to support those caring for someone.
- LFAI hosts educational opportunities to help the lupus community more effectively navigate the disease by providing tools on relevant topics like applying for disability, the latest research discoveries and lupus and nutrition.
- LFAI targets at-risk minority populations for education and awareness opportunities. Because Spanish speaking populations are particularly vulnerable, LFAI hosts Spanish language educational and awareness opportunities.
- LFAI communicates the facts about lupus through grass roots activities including health fairs, volunteer organizations and churches to raise awareness and educate the public.
- LFAI organizes awareness opportunities through mass media - critically important when a recent study estimated that two out of three people know little to nothing about lupus - appalling when an estimated 1 in every 200 Americans has the disease.
- LFAI advocates for lupus concerns on the state level ensuring Illinois residents living with lupus are provided available state benefit and residents are provided educational opportunities.
- LFAI educates health care professionals and the general population about lupus and the programs and services offered by the foundation and presents at organizations, groups and schools throughout the state.
LFAI provides all of its services at no cost to the individual - no one in need is every turned away. This incredible service is only possible through the generosity of our donors and sponsors.