The direct services that the Lupus Foundation of America, Phildelphia Tri-State Chapter provide include:
- Numerous support groups throughout the Philadelphia Tri-State region
- Educational seminars and a self-help course for people living with lupus and their families
- Workshops for newly-diagnosed individuals
- Direct emergency financial assistance for people with lupus via the Guggenheim Grant-in-Aid
- Help with medical and legal referrals
- Assistance with navigating the health system
- Outreach to medically underserved communities
- Continuing medical education for physicians and allied health professionals
Advocacy and Education:
- A sustained and comprehensive advocacy program at the state and national levels to increase public funding for lupus research, education and patient services, and to foster public policies that help people with lupus and their families
- Sponsor media campaigns to educate the public and raise awareness
Education and outreach activities supported in part by the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
Contact us for more information about direct services, educational materials, and advocacy efforts.