SPREAD THE AWARENESS. PURCHASE A "SOLVE THE CRUEL MYSTERY" WRISTBAND, OFFICIAL WALK TO END LUPUS NOW T-SHIRT OR THE PAW-ER PET BANDANA NOW! Order Here!
You can also shop and Amazon will donate to the LFA-Texas Gulf Coast Chapter. Details below:
PEOPLE LIVING WITH LUPUS NEED YOUR HELP!
If you have a desire to invest your time and talents to have a positive impact on the lives of people with lupus, we have just the place for you. You can make the difference in the life of someone who is affected by this disease—you can be the person who provides help and hope to someone!
When you volunteer with the LFA: Texas Gulf Coast Chapter, you can:
- Make a meaningful difference in your community
- Help people living with lupus
- Have flexible options and opportunities that fit your schedule
- Build relationships and networks that last a lifetime
- Learn and grow personally and professionally
- Involve your family and friends
For more information on how you, your family, your friends, and your coworkers can get involved, download the Volunteer Application below & send it to the Texas Gulf Coast Chapter at our office address, fax number, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
VOLUNTEER TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Whether it’s visiting someone with lupus in the hospital, putting together a team for a Walk to End Lupus Now, or advocating to increase funding for lupus research, there are many ways you can get involved in the LFA’s mission. Many volunteers with the LFA: Texas Gulf Coast Chapter support the programs listed below. Each program supports one of our top priorities and provides support to someone who needs our help. Want to do a lot of good with a little of your time?
Education and Awareness - Share important information about lupus with your local community through opportunities including:
• Health Fair Representative: Volunteers are needed to attend Health Fairs and other public events to display information, literature, and to answer questions.
• Speaker’s Bureau and Community Outreach: Volunteers are needed to contact church and community groups, distribute literature, and make presentations at meetings.
Patient Service Programs - Offer direct assistance to people living with lupus and their families through programs like these.
• Support Groups: Volunteers are needed to lead support groups for people with lupus and their family members.
• Phone Buddies: Sometimes the best thing for a person living with lupus is having a supportive person to listen to their concerns. Volunteers are needed to lend that supportive touch through telephone support.
• Mentors: Volunteers are needed to provide the knowledge that someone else has lived through a new diagnosis of lupus. Mentors can provide that knowledge through telephone and email.
Advocacy - Make your voice heard today. Tell your lawmakers why increased lupus research and education funding is important to you.
Fundraising Community Events - Get involved with chapter events in your community, including our annual Walks to End Lupus Now, the signature fundraising event for the LFA. Volunteers are needed to plan and to hold Walks the End Lupus Now in communities in our chapter. Our chapter receives vital support from this event. Be a part of the fun and fellowship during this great event!
Administrative Opportunities - Provide assistance in our chapter office by offering help with mailings, data entry, or other administrative duties. There are a variety of organizational, clerical, and administrative tasks that we need volunteers to help us with. We are located 3701 Kirby Drive, Ste. 700 (Richmond & Kirby). We are open Monday - Friday 10 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and would love your help. Please let us know in advance if you are planning to come in to the office so we can be properly prepared. Contact us at 713-529-0126 or info@LupusTexas.org to schedule a time to come in.
Committees - Participate in growing our chapter and expanding our services through our many committees. Committees are the heart of our chapter. Volunteers on committees help to plan and provide for all the programs and services that the chapter has to offer. Our committees include: Patient Education and Services, Fundraising, Volunteer Services, Finance, Nominating/Governance, and Advocacy.
The Texas Gulf Coast Chapter is looking for qualified full or part time college students to intern. Internships are available in a variety of fields (see job descriptions below). These in-office positions are unpaid, but the experience will be invaluable! Academic credit may be available depending on your school's requirements.
Job Descriptions for Internships:
• Public Relations/Communications Intern
• Donor Development Intern
• Walk to End Lupus Now & 5K Run Intern
• Special Events Intern
• Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite
• Effective communication and strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work independently
• Very organized with good attention to detail
• Available for a minimum of 8 weeks, preferably longer. Hours are negotiable, but typically a minimum of at least 2 days and 15 hours a week is required.
Interested candidates can request a full job description by contacting the office at email@example.com or by calling 713-529-0126.
Applications can be mailed to:
LFA, Texas Gulf Coast Chapter
Attn: Rebecca Kramer
3701 Kirby Drive, Suite 700
Houston, TX 77098