Our Approach to Lupus Research
Smarter Research. Faster Progress. (TM)
Research is the key to solving the cruel mystery of lupus and ending its brutal impact. We believe smarter research will lead to faster progress. Lupus is a complex disease that doesn’t conform to conventional wisdom. Years of disappointing results in drug development demonstrate the urgent need to take lupus research in a new direction. Research on lupus needs innovation and the Lupus Foundation of America is committed to delivering it.
We provide experienced leadership and knowledgeable coordination.
We convene stakeholders and rally support to tackle challenges people with lupus face today while laying a solid foundation to improve how lupus will be diagnosed and treated in the future. Our comprehensive strategic approach to lupus research is what sets us apart in this field. Below, discover the many ways we support smareter research so we can have faster progress.
Discover What Distinguishes Our Approach
- Fixing What Isn't Working Well in Lupus Research - We engage in scientific initiatives designed to increase efficiencies in lupus research by streamlining and modernizing clinical trials.
- Putting Lupus Research on the Fast Track for Success - We convene stakeholders for collaborative efforts to overcome obstacles in lupus research and stimulate faster progress.
- Committed to Advancing Research on Pediatic Lupus - We established the Michael Jon Barlin Pediatric Lupus Research Program, the first and only program of its kind to address lupus in children and teens.
- Rallying Support to Elevate Lupus Research - We work vigorously to encourage government and industry partners to step up their investments in lupus.
Learn More about Our Lupus Research Efforts
- Current Research Focus and Priorities
- Funded Research Projects and Awards
- Our Medical-Scientific Advisory Council
- Center for Clinical Trials Education
- How to Apply for Funding
- Lupus Science and Medicine Open Access Journal
- Research News and Announcements