How Donations Are Used
The Lupus Foundation of America delivers its programs and services through the National Office in Washington, DC and through its nationwide network of local chapters throughout the United States. Below is a brief description how donations are used within our organization.
The Lupus Foundation of America national research program: Bringing Down the Barriers™ aggressively pursues an agenda to advance the science and medicine of lupus and improve the quality of life for people living with the disease. Our program employs a unique three-pronged strategy:
- lead scientific initiatives
- fund researchers directly
- advocate for expanded public and private investment in lupus research
Information and Education
- Translate research findings into medically sound information for health professionals, lupus patients, and the public.
- Educate physicians about the diagnosis and treatment of lupus.
- Develop and disseminate patient education materials
- Design and deliver innovative local awareness campaigns to educate the public.
- Collaborate with national LFA network, organizational partners, and government agencies to educate individuals at high risk for developing lupus.
- Provide information and referrals for anyone affected by lupus.
- Facilitate local support groups for peer support.
- Distribute financial assistance funds to qualifying patients.
- Conduct educational programs related to lupus relevant topics.
- Advocate on behalf of all people with lupus, their families, and the health professionals who care for them.
- We rally all lupus stakeholders to educate government officials, policymakers, and industry leaders on the urgent need to expand public and private investment in lupus research, education programs, and support services.
Expenditures for the Lupus Foundation of America, North Carolina Chapter, Inc. for the Fiscal Year Ending September 30, 2014.
For more information about how to donations are used at the LFA, NC Chapter, fill out the online contact us form, or call our office at 704-716-5640 or toll-free at 877-849-8271.