North Carolina residents with a confirmed diagnosis of lupus whose financial needs cannot be met through their own resources or other community resources are eligible for consideration of financial assistance from the LFA, North Carolina Chapter through the Financial Assistance Program. Applications can be requested by phone only through the LFA, NC Chapter Office (toll-free 877-849-8271).
The amount of financial assistance will be determined using the following criteria:
- Examination of the personal resources of the person making the request
- Examination of potential community resources to fill the need
- Examination of the information submitted on the Chapter Financial Assistance Form
- Documentation of the need (prescription for medical equipment, shut-off notices for utilities, etc.)
- The Financial Assistance Sliding Scale
The following goods and services are eligible for subsidy:
- Utility with late or disconnect status
- Rent or mortgage payment with late or eviction status
- Emergency Prescriptions
- Medical Appointment
- Durable medical equipment
- Pre-approved transportation expenses
A family or individual may receive up to a maximum of $300 annually in financial assistance. Expenditures of funds for approved services within the established funding limit are made by the chapter’s Program and Services Committee, after collecting appropriate documentation, insuring adequate funds are available, and determining applicant eligibility. Vendors will be paid directly, payment to the applicant is prohibited. Physician Verification of lupus diagnosis is required.
For more information LFA, NC Chapter's Financal Assistance Program, fill out the online contact us form, or call our office at 704-716-5640 or toll-free at 877-849-8271.