Support groups provide a safe and understanding environment where people with lupus can come together to ask questions, listen to others, or lend a helping hand. At times, speakers lead discussions while other times the group discussion is spontaneous. Please contact the support group leader prior to attending the first meeting to verify all information.
New York Living & Coping with Lupus Support Group:
- DATE: Wednesdays prior to the 4th Sunday of each month.
- LOCATION: 70 Pennsylvania Ave. (Main Level), between Fulton St. and Atlantic Ave., Brooklyn, NY
- TIME: 7:15 PM
- For more information please email: LupusGroupBrooklyn@yahoo.com
Harlem - Harlem Village Academy High School
- DATE: 2nd Tuesday of each month (no meetings in June, July, or August).
- LOCATION: 35 W 124th St, New York, NY 10027
- TIME: 7:00 - 8:00 PM
- For more information or to receive updates please email: HarlemNYLFA@gmail.com
Manhattan - NYU Hospital for Joint Disease (HJD)
- DATE: Monthly on the following Wednesdays in 2016: January 27, February 24, March 23, April 27, May 25, June 22, July 27, August 24, September 28, October 26, November 16, December 14.
- LOCATION: NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases, located at 301 East 17th Street at the corner of 2nd Avenue, Conference Room 500 (Fifth Floor) (Public Transportation note: closest subway line is the L train at 14th St and 3rd Ave, and the closest bus is the M15, which runs south on Second Ave and north on First Ave).
- TIME: 6:15 – 7:45 PM
- For more information please email: email@example.com
Manhattan - NYU Langone Medical Center
- DATE: Monthly on the following Mondays in 2016: January 11 (2nd Mon.), February 1, March 7, April 11 (2nd Mon.), May 2, June 6, July 11 (2nd Mon.), August 1, September 5, October 10 (2nd Mon.), November 7, December 5.
- LOCATION: Center for Musculoskeletal Care, NYU Langone Medical Center, 333 East 38th Street, Sixth Floor Conference Room 6-403.
- TIME: 7:00 – 8:30 PM
- For more information please email: LupusNYC@gmail.com
Manhattan - Upper West Side/Midtown West
- DATE: 2nd Thursday of each month (meetings to resume in October 2016).
- LOCATION: St. Paul the Apostle Church, at 405 W 59th St, New York, NY 10023
- TIME: 6:30 - 8:00 PM
- For more information or to receive updates please email: Robin.firstname.lastname@example.org
- DATE: 1st Monday of each month (beginning August 2016).
- LOCATION: Poughkeepsie Public Library, 141 Boardman Road, Greene Room #2
- TIME: 6:30 - 8:30 PM
- The group is open to caregivers, family members, and people who have lupus. For more information please contact Denise Walters at (845) 554-3423 or email@example.com.
- DATE: 2nd Wednesday of each month.
- LOCATION: Helen Hayes Rehabilitation Campus, 51-55 Route 9W, NW, West Haverstraw, NY 10993
- TIME: 6:30 - 8:00 PM
- For more information or to receive updates please email: RocklandLFA12@gmail.com
Additional support groups in the New York metro area:
This page last updated on July 13, 2016