Support groups provide a safe and understanding environment where people with lupus can come together to ask questions, listen to others, or lend a helping hand. At times, speakers lead discussions while other times the group discussion is spontaneous. Please contact the support group leader prior to attending the first meeting to verify all information.
New York City Lupus Support Groups:
Group #1 LFA 17th Street support group
- DATE: Begins Wednesday, May 22nd and will run the 4th Wednesday of every month (with exception of August and December).
- LOCATION: NYC Hospital for Joint Diseases, located at: 17th St. & 2nd Avenue
- ROOM: Board Room and Small Board Room 14th floor
- (Public Transportation note: closest subway line is the L train at 14th St and 3rd Ave, and the closest bus is the M15, which runs south on 2nd Ave and north on 1st Ave).
- TIME: 6:15 – 7:45 PM
- For more information please email: email@example.com
Group #2 LFA 38th Street support group
- DATE: Begins June 10th and will run the second Monday of each month (with exception of March and August).
- LOCATION: New York University Langone Medical Center - Center for Musculoskeletal Care, 333 East 38th Street, between First and Second Avenues, New York, NY 10016
- ROOM: Joseph and Nancy Errico Learning Center 6th floor, conference rooms 6-403 and 6-403D
- TIME: 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- For more information please email: LFAmeeting333@gmail.com
Poughkeepsie, New York Lupus Support Group:
- DATE: First Monday of every month (except July & August)
- LOCATION: Jewish Family Services, 110 South Grand Avenue, Poughkeepsie
- TIME: 7:00 - 8:30 PM
- For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional support groups in the New York metro area: