The Lupus Foundation of America, Kansas Chapter is part of a national force devoted to solving the cruel mystery of lupus while providing caring support to those who suffer from its brutal impact. We work with local health professionals and volunteers to provide information and programs to ensure people with lupus and their families get answers and health professionals know about new means to diagnose and manage the disease.
With the help of informed volunteers and committed supporters, we conduct activities to increase awareness of lupus, we rally support for those who are affected by lupus and advocate on their behalf, and we raise money to support research and education programs so everyone affected by lupus can have an improved quality of life.
Kansas Chapter's Mission Statement
The mission of the Lupus Foundation of America, Kansas Chapter, Inc. is to serve the needs of those with lupus, their family members and friends and support research to find the cause of and cure for lupus. This mission is achieved in many ways to include: information packets, education meetings and seminars, newly diagnosed meetings, physician referral, support groups, educational brochures and books, information & referral and membership.
- Earl Mundy – Board Chair
- Ruth Busch MSN, APRN, BC – Past Chair
- Sarah Loquist-Berry – Treasurer
- Sandy Blaylock RN – Secretary
- Francis Baalman – Governance
- Andrea Clough – Walk to End Lupus Now Co-Chair
- Lina Cheng – Walk to End Lupus Now – Co-Chair
- Michelle Chippeaux – Board Member
- Cecilia Meitzner – Board Member
- Andy Stecklein – Board Member
- Melissa Loquist – Editor, Lupus Link Newsletter
- Marissa Hungerford--Info Line Management
- Melissa Loquist--Editor, Lupus Link Newsletter
- Julie Riedel – Webmaster
Meetings for the Kansas Chapter of the Lupus Foundation of America are open to anyone interested in learning more about the chapter and held the second Wednesday of each month, at 6 PM. at Foulston Siefkin LLP, 1551 N Waterfront Parkway, Ste 100, Wichita, KS 67206. Please notify the Board of your intent to attend the meeting by sending an email to email@example.com.