Would you like to invest your time and talents in an organization that is helping those affected by lupus? Then we have a place for you. The LFA, Indiana Chapter needs volunteer assistance in reaching lupus patients across the state and educating them about lupus and our organization. Based on 2010 census information, it's estimated that 36,000 of Indiana’s residents have lupus, so we have a lot of work to do.
How can you help?
- Serve on a committee to help plan events such as Walk to End Lupus Now (Crown Point and Indianapolis) - or be an "event day" volunteer.
- Distribute LFA provided materials to medical professionals and medical centers in your community about lupus and the Lupus Foundation of America, Indiana Chapter.
- Distribute LFA provided materials about lupus to libraries in your hometown.
- Notify the LFA, Indiana Chapter of dates and locations of upcoming health fairs in your community.
- Volunteer to represent the chapter at local health fairs.
- Submit short articles about LFA activities and lupus to your company newsletter or church bulletin.
- Become a Support Group Meeting Facilitator. (We are currently in need of co-facilitators to help current facilitators lead support groups in Anderson, Lafayette, and Terre Haute. Please contact Debbie Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.)
- Consider becoming a candidate for our volunteer Board of Directors. If interested, call our office at 317.225.4400 or 800.948.8806 for more details.
Does your employer have a Workplace Giving campaign? Fall is the time of year when many employers provide their employees with the opportunity to donate to their charity of choice through payroll deductions. Learn more.
Both large and small contributions will help thousands of lupus patients each year by funding innovative research and life-saving community outreach initiatives and education. Your gift will help impact the lives of lupus patients and their families. That’s no small feat.
Make an online gift today. Your gift transaction is safe and secure. You can also make a tribute or memorial gift, or in honor of a special occasion in your life.
Mail your gift to:
Lupus Foundation of America, Indiana Chapter
9302 N. Meridian Street, Suite 203
Indianapolis, IN 46260
Checks should be made payable to the Lupus Foundation of America, Indiana Chapter. You may also make a gift over the phone by calling 317.225.4400 or 800.948.9806.