Would you like to invest your time and talents in an organization that is helping those affected by lupus? Then we have a place for you. The LFA, Indiana Chapter needs volunteer assistance in reaching lupus patients across the state and educating them about lupus and our organization. Based on 2010 census information, it's estimated that 36,000 of Indiana’s residents have lupus, so we have a lot of work to do.
How can you help?
- Serve on a committee to help plan events such as Walk to End Lupus Now (Crown Point and Indianapolis) - or be an "event day" volunteer.
- Distribute LFA provided materials to medical professionals and medical centers in your community about lupus and the Lupus Foundation of America, Indiana Chapter.
- Distribute LFA provided materials about lupus to libraries in your hometown.
- Notify the LFA, Indiana Chapter of dates and locations of upcoming health fairs in your community.
- Volunteer to represent the chapter at local health fairs.
- Submit short articles about LFA activities and lupus to your company newsletter or church bulletin.
- Become a Support Group Meeting Facilitator. Facilitator Role Description (We are currently in need of co-facilitators in Anderson, Bloomington, Evansville, Greencastle, Greenfield, Indianapolis North, Kokomo, Otterbein, Richmond, southeastern Indiana and Valparaiso. Please contact Debbie Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.)
- Consider becoming a candidate for our volunteer Board of Directors. If interested, call our office at 317.225.4400 or 800.948.8806 for more details.
Contact Your Local Elected Officials About Issues Important to People with Lupus
We need your help in keeping in touch with your elected officials to remind them about issues important to people with lupus. Find our latest letters and write to Congress at www.capwiz.com/lfa. Together we can make our voices heard and make a difference!