‘In the Loop - Healthy Living with Lupus’ Symposium
Get in the loop by attending this year's 'In the Loop - Healthy Living with Lupus' educational symposium being provided by our Chapter! This year instead of having several small seminars, we will be having one full-day symposium. Attendees will be able to select topics of interest from morning and afternoon breakout sessions led by national and local professionals.
Saturday, December 9, 2017
9:30 am-3:45 pm (check-in, continental breakfast and exhibit booths from 8:30-9:30 am)
Crowne Plaza Airport, 2501 S. High School Rd. in Indianapolis
Dr. Susan Manzi, Director, Lupus Center of Excellence and Chair, Department of Medicine Allegheny Health Network, will be our special guest. Also hear from the Indiana State Health Department on the importance of awareness and research for lupus and other health disparities.
Breakout session topics and speakers:
- Lupus and Mental Health - Judy Schaff, psychotherapist who has lupus
- “Despite Lupus: How to Live Well with a Chronic Illness” - Sara Gorman, author and health blogger who has lupus
- Lupus and Healthy Sleep - Dr. Stephanie Jackson, IU Sleep Disorders Center
- Gentle Yoga/Tai Chi Session - Pam Glenn/Bonnie Sweeney
- Value of Alternative Methods in Dealing with Chronic Disease - Dr. Ralph Waldo, Connected Health Care Systems
- Stress Management - Sydney Johnson, CHW, Anthem Indiana Medicaid
- Relationships, Emotions and Intimacy - Iris Zink, president, Rheumatology Nurses Society
- Energize Me: Diet, Meal Planning and Exercise - Shantay Glover, YMCA certified fitness trainer
- How to Advocate - Gary Gibson, president/CEO, Martin Center Sickle Cell Initiative
- Lupus and Overlapping Connective Tissue Disease - Dr. Kathleen O’Neil, chief, pediatric rheumatology, Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health
- Lupus and Pain Management - Dr. Steven Neucks, rheumatologist, board certified in pain medicine, Rehabilitation Associates of Indiana
$20/person ticket includes continental breakfast, symposium materials, goody bag and lunch.
If you will be coming to Indianapolis on Friday evening and require hotel accommodations, a group rate of $139/night is available. The hotel offers an indoor pool and exercise room for guests' enjoyment. To book a hotel room at this rate, visit https://aws.passkey.com/e/49134279 or call 317.244.6861 and ask for reservations department and provide group code "LUP" or tell reservationist that you are with the Lupus Foundation. This group rate is also good for Saturday night, December 9. To ensure room availability and this group rate, reservations must be made by Wednesday, November 8. Blocked rooms held for symposium guests will be released after this date.
Registration is required.