The Health Insurance Marketplace offers coverage to many Americans who currently do not have health insurance. We have gathered relevant links to help you locate the information you need to know.
Lupus Foundation of America Presents at National Institutes of Health Lessons in Lupus Event
May 13, 2011
Dario Dieguez, PhD, from the Lupus Foundation of America joined leading NIH lupus experts and guests to explore current issues in lupus, including risk factors and treatment therapies. Living with the condition was presented from a lupus patient advocate’s perspective. A panel discussion and question and answer session with representatives from lupus and autoimmune disease advocacy and educational organizations followed the scientific presentation.
Dr. Dieguez spoke about the need to look at the core issues related to the barriers to advancing the science and medicine of lupus and the importance of securing consensus on fundamentals from all stakeholders. Click here to view a video.
Other presenters and speakers included:
- Vivian W. Pinn, M.D., Associate Director for Research on Women’s Health (ORWH), Director, Office of Research on Women’s Health, NIH
- Stephen I. Katz, M.D., Director, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS), NIH
- Jill P. Buyon, M.D. – Professor of Medicine, New York University
- Robert H. Carter, M.D. – Deputy Director, NIAMS, NIH
- Adrienne Lynch – Lupus Patient Advocate/Video Producer
Partner organizations included:
- Lupus Foundation of America
- Alliance for Lupus Research
- American Autoimmune Related Diseases Association
- Lupus Research Institute/S.L.E. Lupus Foundation
- Rheuminations, Inc., and Lupus Clinical Trials Consortium
A new medical education curriculum to help medical professionals make early diagnosis of lupus has been unveiled by representatives of The Lupus Initiative in Washington, DC.