Advocacy and Legislation
The Lupus Foundation of America, Florida Chapter promotes action on the federal, state and international levels on issues that will improve the lives of the 1.5 million Americans living with lupus. There is no cure for lupus and only one drug has been approved specifically for lupus in the past 56 years! We will continue working with Congress and federal and state agencies to improve the solve the cruel mystery of lupus.We need your help, however, to get more government funding for research, to encourage early diagnosis and comprehensive treatment, and to improve access to quality health care for everyone with lupus.
- Join us for LFAFL's 2nd Annual Florida Lupus Awareness and Advocacy Day at the State Capitol in Tallahassee, FL on April 15, 2015 - Register today!
- Attend 2015 National Lupus Advocacy Summit in Washington, DC on June 15-16, 2015 (scholarships available)
- Sign the Petition - urge Congress to provide more funds for lupus research!
- Lupus Advocacy Priorities
- Tell Congress About Important Lupus Issues
- Congressional Lupus Caucus
- Legislative Successes
- Become an e-Advocate
The Honorable Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, Co-Chair of the Congressional Lupus Caucus, recognizes the work LFA Florida does throughout the year and encourages her consituents to Walk to End Lupus Now!
Looking For More Information?
For more information on how to become involved, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-561-279-8606.