Education and Awareness
Share important information about lupus with your local community through opportunities including:
- Health Fair Representative: Volunteers are needed to attend Health Fairs and other public events to display information, literature, and to answer questions.
- Speaker’s Bureau and Community Outreach: Volunteers are needed to contact church and community groups, distribute literature, and make presentations at meetings.
- Patient Service Programs: Offer direct assistance to people living with lupus and their families through programs like these.
- Support Groups: Volunteers are needed to lead support groups for people with lupus and their family members.
- Phone Buddies: Sometimes the best thing for a person living with lupus is having a supportive person to listen to their concerns. Volunteers are needed to lend that supportive touch through telephone support.
- Mentors: Volunteers are needed to provide the knowledge that someone else has lived through a new diagnosis of lupus. Mentors can provide that knowledge through telephone and email.
Anyone interested should contact Corrianne Gagliardi, Director of Development and Communications at email@example.com.