Make a Stock Donation
Donating stock or other appreciated securities to the Lupus Foundation of America (LFA) has three important benefits for the donor.
- For most gifts, the charitable deduction is the fair market value of the securities at the time of transfer.
- The donor avoids capital gains taxes.
- The donor pays no brokerage fees or sales commissions.
It is easy to make a gift to the Lupus Foundation of America using appreciated securities.
- Notify your broker in writing that you wish to make a gift of securities to the Lupus Foundation of America.
Let your financial advisor or broker know that you would like to make a gift of stock to the Lupus Foundation of America and provide them with the following information:
Stifel Nicolaus & Co.
Account Executive: Karin Mottus
Sr. Branch Operations Manager: Vicky Wilhelm
One South Street, 30th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21202
DTC #: 0793
Lupus Account #: 4038-7296
- You can also call the Lupus Foundation of America at 202-349-1152 for instructions on how to complete the transfer.
- Once your broker has notified us that the securities have been transferred, the LFA will mail a receipt to you.
- Retain this receipt for tax purposes.
Donors may claim an income tax deduction for the full market value of the securities up to a limit of 30% of adjusted gross income. You may carry any excess forward for an additional five years.
For addition questions, please contact the Lupus Foundation of America Development Department at 202.349.1176 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.