Make a Stock Donation
Donating stock or other appreciated securities to the Lupus Foundation of America (LFA) has three important benefits for the donor.
- For most gifts, the charitable deduction is the fair market value of the securities at the time of transfer.
- The donor avoids capital gains taxes.
- The donor pays no brokerage fees or sales commissions.
It is easy to make a gift to the Lupus Foundation of America using appreciated securities.
- Notify your broker in writing that you wish to make a gift of securities to the Lupus Foundation of America.
Let your financial advisor or broker know that you would like to make a gift of stock to the Lupus Foundation of America and provide them with the following information:
Stifel Nicolaus & Co.
Account Executive: Karin Mottus
Sr. Branch Operations Manager: Vicky Wilhelm
One South Street, 30th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21202
DTC #: 0793
Lupus Account #: 4038-7296
- You can also call the Lupus Foundation of America at 202-349-1152 for instructions on how to complete the transfer.
- Once your broker has notified us that the securities have been transferred, the LFA will mail a receipt to you.
- Retain this receipt for tax purposes.
Donors may claim an income tax deduction for the full market value of the securities up to a limit of 30% of adjusted gross income. You may carry any excess forward for an additional five years.
For a free brochure on donating stocks or other securities, please contact the Lupus Foundation of America Development Department at 202.349.1176 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.